Kang and Dickerson Due Back Tomorrow

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Post by mouse »

P2 is reporting that Kang and Dickerson will be reinstated tomorrow in time for the game. This means two people go and, as one has to be reinstated to the 40-man, someone already on it will have to go as well. Any thoughts?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Osuna goes down and Pablo Reyes is outrighted. Osuna has no position on the team and Reyes despite making the OD roster is a possibility as well as Nick Franklin. Both are not lighting up AAA.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Either Osuna and Tucker or Osuna and Davis. Tucker could benefit from hitting everyday in AAA. But they are also carrying 13 pitchers, most of whom don't belong in MLB. Davis pitches tonight so he wouldn't be available afterwards for a few days anyway. And they wouldn't really miss any one of Davis, Hartlieb, McRae or Holmes. Doesn't make much sense to keep an extra reliever just to have a glut of bad ones. They could also move Stratton to the 60 day IL to make room for Dickerson coming off the 60. Stratton probably could return much sooner but he's of little value anyway so keeping him out longer won't make any difference.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Rookie Davis gets this spot start then goes home and packs his bags
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

32000C0C182A09000D080700610 wrote: Rookie Davis gets this spot start then goes home and packs his bags

I think this is probably right. Someone else will be injured before his ten day window to return is up anyway.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I am thinking that Osuna and Tucker may return to Indy. I like Tucker, but he may need some time at AAA to work at his hitting. Also some additional days at Indy could eliminate the fourth year of arbitration( super two) in order that the Pirates would have 3 years to control his salary.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Osuna back to AAA is a no-brainer. I do not like to see Tucker go down because of his hustle, defense, and just great smile but I do think you are correct stating he needs more time at AAA playing every day. Something happens to Newman then Tucker comes back up to the Bucs.