Predict the 28 man roster for next Thursday

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Not a contest, just looking to see what people are looking at. Not sure if many are TBH. There will be 28, no limit on pitchers.

Here's what I think:

Pitchers (14)- Banda, Bednar, Brubaker, Crowe, Hembree, Howard, Keller, Peters, Quintana, Stratton, Thompson, Underwood, Wilson and Jared Eickhoff will be added from the non roster invite list.

Position players (14) R. Perez, M. Perez, Tsutsugo, Vogelbach, Hayes, Chavis, Tucker, Park, Newman, Castillo, Reynolds, Gamel, Allen, VanMeter
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I think Cruz will be up after about 75-100 AAA AB's. I also think Yajure and Contreras will spend more time with the Pirates this season than they will in the minors.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

321413060F0314020A610 wrote: Not a contest, just looking to see what people are looking at. Not sure if many are TBH. There will be 28, no limit on pitchers.

Here's what I think:

Pitchers (14)- Banda, Bednar, Brubaker, Crowe, Hembree, Howard, Keller, Peters, Quintana, Stratton, Thompson, Underwood, Wilson and Jared Eickhoff will be added from the non roster invite list.

Position players (14) R. Perez, M. Perez, Tsutsugo, Vogelbach, Hayes, Chavis, Tucker, Park, Newman, Castillo, Reynolds, Gamel, Allen, VanMeter

do you think some players will go on 60 day d.l. and some may be released?

To me, Alford's spot is in jeopardy and a spot is needed for second catcher,

Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

775150475141320 wrote: Not a contest, just looking to see what people are looking at. Not sure if many are TBH. There will be 28, no limit on pitchers.

Here's what I think:

do you think some players will go on 60 day d.l. and some may be released? 

To me, Alford's spot is in jeopardy and a spot is needed for second catcher,

I believe Alford is as good as gone. I think it's pretty telling he never set foot on the field in back to back home games this late in ST.

IDK right now if anyone is injured that they would go on the 60 day. But haven't seen some of the pitchers, most notably Kranick and Yajure. IDK if they are injured. Swaggerty I believe has the shoulder issue, I can easily see him on the 60. I just read that Alford was day to day with a hand. Swaggerty is on the 40 man roster, so yes I believe you nailed this one, and I think he starts the season there. I do believe he was DH the other day.

Shelton said today on the broadcast he'll know what the rotation will be a couple days before going to The Loo. I'm guessing they'll have made what ever moves by then. They played a lot of guys from Pirate City today after the starters all got their 3 AB's. So I try and kind of read the tea leaves a bit based on what I'm seeing with substitutions and such.

Sunday is their last home game for ST. I think it will be very telling who is playing and who isn't.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

44626570797562747C170 wrote: I think Cruz will be up after about 75-100 AAA AB's. I also think Yajure and Contreras will spend more time with the Pirates this season than they will in the minors.
I hope Cruz is up here by late April early May and I also wanna see both Contreras and Priester both in the rotation by late August early September with a Nick Gonzales call up mixed in there as well. Hopefully Cherrington continues to be aggressive with these young guys who are so close to coming up. It’s time now to start getting them up here this season no more screwing around or playing this waiting game waiting for the perfect time and scenario to call them up. The only way you get better I believe is with reps and getting them reps in the Major League’s.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

41667773766B54607776766B120 wrote: I think Cruz will be up after about 75-100 AAA AB's. I also think Yajure and Contreras will spend more time with the Pirates this season than they will in the minors.
I hope Cruz is up here by late April early May and I also wanna see both Contreras and Priester both in the rotation by late August early September with a Nick Gonzales call up mixed in there as well. Hopefully Cherrington continues to be aggressive with these young guys who are so close to coming up. It’s time now to start getting them up here this season no more screwing around or playing this waiting game waiting for the perfect time and scenario to call them up. The only way you get better I believe is with reps and getting them reps in the Major League’s.

I hope you are right and all of these guys have great seasons at Indy to show they are ready. I still expect the Bucs to keep Cruz down long enough to get the 7th year, if he is doing great can't worry about whether he becomes arbitration eligible earlier or not.
mouse

Post by mouse »

Okay, this may be cheating but here's a prediction - https://www.mlb.com/pirates/news/pirate ... day-roster
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

77504145405D62564140405D240 wrote: I think Cruz will be up after about 75-100 AAA AB's. I also think Yajure and Contreras will spend more time with the Pirates this season than they will in the minors.
Totally agree these guys need to be given a opportunity sooner than later.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

2 pitchers were cut today: Medina and Brice.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

6C4A4D58515D4A5C543F0 wrote: Not a contest, just looking to see what people are looking at. Not sure if many are TBH. There will be 28, no limit on pitchers.

Here's what I think:

Your proposed Opening Day roster looks very good, but I think they will begin with 13 position players and 15 pitchers. I hate to remove Castillo which I will, and add Fletcher to the bullpen. Good job with your predictions!