Cabrera RF

Moran 2nd

Bell 1st

Cervelli C

Kang 3rd

Reynolds CF

Martin LF

Archer P

Moran at 2nd is another interesting move by Clint. Good to see both Tucker and Reynolds back in their again today and Martin as well in LF. Until everybody is back this is the best lineup they can put out there I feel on a daily basis. Let’s finish this sweep today and make it 6 in a row.
Bobster21

Giants@Pirates 4/21 Game Thread...

Post by Bobster21 »

I like that move. It's creative, which is something we seldom see from Hurdle. When the Orioles had Steve Pearce, Buck Showalter had a need at 2B, wanted to get Pearce's bat in the lineup and just told him to play there. Pearce said he had never played 2B in his life. But he ended up playing 242 innings there over 2 years and made 1 error. Sometimes the unconventional can work out.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Yep i like Moran at 2b and it will be even nicer when he hits a couple jacks today :)
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6B464B5A5D4C5B1B18290 wrote: I like that move. It's creative, which is something we seldom see from Hurdle. When the Orioles had Steve Pearce, Buck Showalter had a need at 2B, wanted to get Pearce's bat in the lineup and just told him to play there. Pearce said he had never played 2B in his life. But he ended up playing 242 innings there over 2 years and made 1 error. Sometimes the unconventional can work out.

yes, Moran played 4 innings at short for the Astros and 20 more or so in the minors. He is probably going to scoop up anything he can reach based on his experience at third. He is not going to be a rangy 2b but his bat has been good this year so why not?
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

JOSH!!
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Please make Robbie stop talking.
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Kang just died between 3rd and home.

I was wondering why Clint did pinch run for Kang when there was two outs.
Tintin

Post by Tintin »

4344525A5443040871565C50585D1F525E5C310 wrote: Kang just died between 3rd and home. 

I was wondering why Clint did pinch run for Kang when there was two outs.

It makes more sense to pr for Cervelli with one out.

Hindsight 20/20
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice game for Reynolds with 3 hits and a lot of action in CF. He's getting overshadowed by Tucker but he is a career .312 hitter in the minors, was hitting .367 at Indy and is now 4 for 6 in his first 2 MLB games. NH gets a lot of grief (from me too) for his trades but Cutch as been an average player since they traded him and Crick and Reynolds look like a nice return.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Yes, the rookies did very well today. But the game was easily winnable if guys like Cabrera, Cisco, Kang get a hit. In other words, the pitching was great but the offense is still challenged despite the influx of the rookies.

I hope we get Diaz tomorrow Frazier back at 2B.