general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GnatsEyelash

Tim Neverett Loses Job To Experiment

Post by GnatsEyelash »

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Wow sounds like a crazy way to announce a baseball game. I am an older generation Pirates fan who enjoyed listening to Bob Prince, Jim Woods, Lanny and all the current guys. There is something about listening to a Bucs game on the radio. You have to imagine the ball bouncing off the wall and the fielder getting it, and throwing a perfect throw into second base to catch the runner.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Sounds ridiculous. I liked Neverett. I wish they'd rehire him and dump Joe Block. Block's incessant rambling is excruciating.
Roberto218

Post by Roberto218 »

Neverett is a good broadcaster. Wouldn't mind if he came back to Pittsburgh!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

557875646372652526170 wrote: Sounds ridiculous. I liked Neverett. I wish they'd rehire him and dump Joe Block. Block's incessant rambling is excruciating.   

Wonder what it would take to get Neverett back? Will AT&T Sports lay out some cash or will Nutting refuse to allow it cause it may come out of his cash from the upcoming new broadcast deal. ;D
BenM

Post by BenM »

I feel bad for him. When he left, I'm sure he thought going to Boston was a long term gig.

And I sill can't figure out where the Sox are headed. Sounds like there is a lot of drama revolving around their broadcast partners.

There were industry rumors about possible changes all season long. One, which multiple sources have said was a genuine consideration, had WEEI dropping the concept of a conventional radio baseball broadcast to make the call of the game sound more like a talk show.

So they want people yucking it up instead of telling people who can't see the game what is going on?
Quail

Post by Quail »

Man, that article is depressing. Hope Neveritt finds a team that wants a good play-by-play announcer, and not a talk-show comedian/host.
johnfluharty

Post by johnfluharty »

Man, I hope the pirates don't decide to do this. I have a hard enough time watching games as it is.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

0521353D38540 wrote: Man, that article is depressing. Hope Neveritt finds a team that wants a good play-by-play announcer, and not a talk-show comedian/host.

How about Joe Block and $100,000 international signing bonus money for Neverett? :D
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Wow, this sounds stupid.