What is up with Josh Harrison???

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I don’t get what the deal is with him over this last week or so. Hurdle said he is dealing with a hamstring issue. Then one night he plays the next night he doesn’t. I’m saying this too because as everybody knows and can tell I’m sick and tired of seeing Rodriguez starting at 2nd base essentially every other game. So I don’t know if anybody else has heard something else as far as Harrison goes but this whole thing with him playing one night and looking fine and then not playing the next night is bizarre. I just hope Hurdle is not doing this and saying this as an excuse to get Rodriguez in the lineup because I don’t trust Hurdle anymore when it comes to playing Rodriguez. He will do anything to protect him and play him more it seems like and it’s getting really old and tiresome at this point especially with the team right in the thick of a wildcard spot and you got Hurdle playing a guy and trying to justify playing a guy hitting .160 and going 1 for his last 18 with 10 strikeouts. I just don’t get it.
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

I'm sure it's nothing a nice dose of Kevin Kramer wouldn't cure.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I think it was the choice between playing him half the time and putting him on the DL and playing him none of the time
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

I’d take Kramer up here now playing 2nd over Rodriguez any day of the week. He definitely would not do any worse that’s for certain.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

JHay is reportedly less than 100% and hurdle saw a nice opportunity to play SRod. (Vs LHP)

Hamstrings don't operate on a day on, day off basis.  So prob just another opportunity to play his boy in a split he has a chance of succeeding with.

Ultimately didn't really matter though.  Kingham lost that game by the 2nd inning,  also special thanks goes out  to SRod and the bad news bears showing up in the infield again.  Though I thought Freese and Osuna played well enough, so I guess just Mercer and SRod.

Mr Freeze is an option we should prob plan on picking up next year even at his age.   Kang injured and unknown, Moran is Moran.    His game isn't great, but it's not leaving him as he ages so far
sdimmick3

Post by sdimmick3 »

Harrison is a bad ball swinger, unfortunately, he's no Vlad Guerrero. Im not sure not being 100% has anything to do with his decisions to swing at bad balls.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

41565B5F5F5B515901320 wrote: Harrison is a bad ball swinger, unfortunately, he's no Vlad Guerrero.  Im not sure not being 100% has anything to do with his decisions to swing at bad balls. 
I agree. I loved Harrison's heart and hustle but he isn't getting it done anymore. Please stop with the SRod experiment. If they aren't going to bring up one the AAA guys, just play Frazier and his terrible glove. At least he has a chance of contributing with the bat.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Frazier is on fire.   SRod can't hit or field.   JHay isn't hitting.

Hopefully when Dickerson comes back SRod can be DFAed (yeah right) and Frazier, while hot, can get time at 2b even though that further weakens the IF defense.. 

JHay is having a very poor season.  It would be great if he could snap out of this and get back to somewhere like .750OPS with +defense the rest of the way, but times up imo.    He's not fielding well this year either.

I'd love for us to start getting this middle infield addressed.  Dead bats and poor defense, really hurting.