5 Stars of the Bucs 5-1 Win Over St. Louis, 7/26

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

Congrats to Derek Shelton on his first major league win as manager - and he did pull the right strings!

5th Star: Nick Burdi was absolutely filthy finishing today's game. Honorable mention to Mike Feliz for his scoreless eighth.

4th Star: Phil Evans knocked in a run and went 3 for 4. Might be the Cinderella story for the Bucs this year.

3rd Star: JT Brubaker gave us 2 scoreless innings in his first MLB game! Nasty slider!

2nd Star: As the board's leading Jose Osuna cheerleader, I may be loving him too much for the go ahead 2-run homer. Tell me if that's so!

1st Star: Mitch Keller gave up just 1 run in 5 innings earning his first MLB victory? Did I miss one last year? Regardless, he was our stopper today! Won me $5!

As always, comments welcome!
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I agree with your 5 stars of the game. Brubaker and Burdi looked great in their bullpen roles. Osuna has always impressed me, and I am one fan who is pulling for Phil Evans. I am hoping he is a late bloomer, or a diamond in the rough.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Count me as an Osuna fan as well. I thought he should've been getting more ABs two years ago.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Add me to the Osuna fan list. I've always liked him and thought NH saw him as nothing more than an afterthought when he appeared to be one of their best hitters and a good infielder too. (Not a fan of his often clumsy OF routes to the ball but you take what you can get.) I always thought he was one of those guys who would end up as a star somewhere else.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

Always liked Joe Osuna and never understood why he didn't get more run. He is the type of versatile player that generally does well here if given the chance.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

Burdi is a monster . Great FB , nasty slider and nice little CB. Just needs to stay healthy. Really pulling for this guy to get to that big contract.