Jung Ho Kang

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GermanTownship

Jung Ho Kang

Post by GermanTownship »

Has there been any news on him, in regard to him getting a work visa? It would be great news for the Pirates if he did.
Bobster21

Jung Ho Kang

Post by Bobster21 »

I think the only news on that front is that they obtained Moran to play 3B. No one is waiting for Kang's theoretical return.
BenM

Jung Ho Kang

Post by BenM »

At Piratesfest, Frank Coonelly said that the team was moving forward without him. Hence the Moran pickup.

Late last year, the Post Gazette interviewed an immigration lawyer who said that it was unlikely Kang would be able to get a visa in the near future. Especially since he is still on probation in Korea.
steve49

Jung Ho Kang

Post by steve49 »

6042554A464973485049544F4E57270 wrote: Has there been any news on him, in regard to him getting a work visa? It would be great news for the Pirates if he did.

He's basically trying to get a visa through the US embassy in the DR. Here's the article....

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/pira ... 1801190207
DemDog

Jung Ho Kang

Post by DemDog »

It matters not to me if he ever gets a visa.  If he does the Bucs are in it for his 2018 salary and then he is a FA.  We just got Craig to play 3B and have a couple other guys who can man the position somewhat positively.  See no need for Kang as there is a ? concerning his ability to continue in MLB.
fjk090852-7

Jung Ho Kang

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Between his DUI’s and the possible incident in Chicago I have moved on from Kang. I was very excited when they outbid other teams to sign him, and I was very upset when Coglin took him out in September 2015, and probably hurt our chances to win the division. After the personal problems that happened in 2016, I would not have a problem if the Bucs would release him.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Jung Ho Kang

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Craig got moved to 1B.

With rebuilding going on, Kang might not have a spot. But he could be traded or maybe push a Harrison trade and play some 2B. He could stick on a team in the majors, just not sure if that's the Pirates at this point.
rucker59@gmail.com

Jung Ho Kang

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

The worse thing that could happen now, for the Pirates,is for Jung Ho to suddenly get cleared with a Visa. The Pirates would be on the hook for a guy that simply can not compete in MLB today. His time in the DR this winter was a disaster. I Hate it for him and the Pirates, but he can’t help the Pirates.
rucker59@gmail.com

Jung Ho Kang

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

BTW - welcome aboard German Township!
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Jung Ho Kang

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

404751595740070B72555F535B5E1C515D5F320 wrote: The worse thing that could happen now, for the Pirates,is for Jung Ho to suddenly get cleared with a Visa.  The Pirates would be on the hook for a guy that simply can not compete in MLB today.  His time in the DR this winter was a disaster.  I Hate it for him and the Pirates, but he can’t help the Pirates.

Because of one winter league performance?

Wasn't there an article posted here about his struggles? It seemed it was more personal why his play suffered.

It just bad timing if he gets cleared. The team doesn't need a 3B anymore. Maybe with Kang, they go in a different direction.