No longer Roots Sports

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

No longer Roots Sports

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It appears that the new network for the Bucs is called AT&T Sports Net. I wonder if this is just a name change,or could the Pirates now have a new tv deal in place.
rucker59@gmail.com

No longer Roots Sports

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

747879222B222A27203F25120 wrote: It appears that the new network for the Bucs is called AT&T Sports Net.  I wonder if this is just a name change,or could the Pirates now have a new tv deal in place.

Interesting and potentially a big deal.

Also - AT&T may have the financial resources to launch an app for their sports net; Root is the only network that's keeping me on cable. Get an app for Pittsburgh sports and I'm kissing Comcast goodby!
BucAndEer

No longer Roots Sports

Post by BucAndEer »

4A46471C151C14191E011B2C0 wrote: It appears that the new network for the Bucs is called AT&T Sports Net.  I wonder if this is just a name change,or could the Pirates now have a new tv deal in place.
Pretty sure it's just a name change. They've had "AT&T Sports Networks" in the upper right hand corner of the Root broadcasts since the start of 2016, and they announced the name change a month ago saying it would take effect July 14.

Goes back to FSN Pittsburgh being sold by Fox to Liberty in 2006, then Liberty spinning the Root Sports networks off to form the DirecTV Sports Group, which later became DirecTV Sports Networks. The latest name change is because AT&T bought DirecTV a few years ago and wants to brand the networks with the AT&T name.
Bobster21

No longer Roots Sports

Post by Bobster21 »

7B4C5A78575D7C5C4B390 wrote: It appears that the new network for the Bucs is called AT&T Sports Net.  I wonder if this is just a name change,or could the Pirates now have a new tv deal in place.
Pretty sure it's just a name change. They've had "AT&T Sports Networks" in the upper right hand corner of the Root broadcasts since the start of 2016, and they announced the name change a month ago saying it would take effect July 14.

Goes back to FSN Pittsburgh being sold by Fox to Liberty in 2006, then Liberty spinning the Root Sports networks off to form the DirecTV Sports Group, which later became DirecTV Sports Networks. The latest name change is because AT&T bought DirecTV a few years ago and wants to brand the networks with the AT&T name.
That's right. Nothing more than a name change. Strictly cosmetic.
LumberCo

No longer Roots Sports

Post by LumberCo »

That's right. Nothing more than a name change. Strictly cosmetic.

Oh but they got new graphics......woo whoooo!! :D
Piratefanbill

No longer Roots Sports

Post by Piratefanbill »

Really would like to see local and a national sports news show on the new at&t sports net