If any which outfielder would you trade?

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Leyland1948

Post by Leyland1948 »

I know if would depend on the return but just your option.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I said dickerson. I think Marte would get better return but is also more of a cornerstone to us.

And yes, there's also probably the irrational sentimental part of me that would prefer to keep the guys we've seen develop for longer.
ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Polanco. Get those hamstrings out of town while the gettin's good.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

093A2627242C1A273C203B3C2D2126480 wrote: Polanco. Get those hamstrings out of town while the gettin's good.

Don't you think other teams are thinking the same thing? I don't think we'll get much for him ATM, more worth seeing what he can do with a (hopefully) full season.
pghpaulatl

Post by pghpaulatl »

I'd bet money that Dickerson is the only one they'll trade unless some team blows them away. All 3 of the others have contracts for years and Meadows is under control for 6 years.

Not Bucs/NH style to trade those guys with reasonable contracts and years of control.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

7E69667E6F7B626F7A620E0 wrote: I'd bet money that Dickerson is the only one they'll trade unless some team blows them away. All 3 of the others have contracts for years and Meadows is under control for 6 years.

Not Bucs/NH style to trade those guys with reasonable contracts and years of control.
Marte will get 10.3 million in 2019, 11.5 (with 2 mil buyout) in 2020 and 12.5 (with 1 mil buyout) in 2021. NH likes to trade players before their salaries get too high.
notes34

Post by notes34 »

0C212C3D3A2B3C7C7F4E0 wrote: I'd bet money that Dickerson is the only one they'll trade unless some team blows them away. All 3 of the others have contracts for years and Meadows is under control for 6 years.

Marte will get 10.3 million in 2019, 11.5 (with 2 mil buyout) in 2020 and 12.5 (with 1 mil buyout) in 2021. NH likes to trade players before their salaries get too high.

Ugh. Yes you are correct. Marte is playing really well and is far and away our most physically gifted player. I hate to see him go.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

To be honest, I don't know about this answer I would give.

That said, I really don't think the market for position players at the TDL that don't carry a big name like Machado or someone like Realmuto will move the needle. This is all about starting pitching and relievers to me, not outfielders or infielders.
Quail

Post by Quail »

None of the above- for the rest of this season.

I don't trade Marte because he's the only plus defender on a team starved for defense.

I don't trade Polanco until I see if he can sustain the power he's showing now through the end of the season. On a team starved for power I don't give up on that potential just yet.

I don't trade Dickerson until he shows he can't sustain his .300 BA and .340 OBP because he could be a very good top of the order bat who provides adequate defense (which on this team cannot be ignored).

I don't trade Meadows because he's my insurance policy for a failed Polanco or failed Dickerson after the season is over. If both of those guys fail I look to Luplow or Martin to join Meadows and Marte next year.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

I would try to swap Meadows for better minor league positional talent