2019 Schedule

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Roberto218

2019 Schedule

Post by Roberto218 »

Is it me or did the Pirates flip-flop their home series with the Mets from the last weekend in July to the first weekend in August, and the reverse for their away series with the Mets. Booked a non-refundable hotel on North Shore and looks like I am going to eat it. Most fans wouldn't notice....unless you book a non-refundable room. So much for planning ahead! Since I am a crazy fan, I already booked a second non-refundable room on the North Shore. Going from a Spring Hill Suite to a Marriot Residence Inn. I don't feel too bad because I got a great deal on each--over two thirds off. I am pretty good at Priceline shopping.

But did MLB change the schedule? I expect time changes, but not location changes, except for Williamsport. Will I be able to get Priceline to reimburse me?

Or did I just misread the schedule in my enthusiasm?
DemDog

2019 Schedule

Post by DemDog »

You misread the schedule. Must have had too many of these [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] when you were reading it.

Alas, all hope might not be lost that weekend in July. Have to wait and see but if the WV Blackbears are at home in Morgantown WV, about an hrs drive south on I-75 it would behoove you to go watch some of the young kids as they try to become the stars of the future.

If that does not work then just half hour south on I-79 are the Washington Wild Things and Independent League team that plays out of Washington Pa. And they are one of the better teams in the league.

Hope you do get things straightened out but in case you don't those are two alternatives for spending the weekend in the Burgh baseball wise.
Roberto218

2019 Schedule

Post by Roberto218 »

Misread the schedule? The horror, the horror! I swear that they changed it, but who knows? Expensive error. I don't think I can justify a 1,000 mile roundtrip to watch the Wild Things.I am guessing that the last weekend in July that I may head to CitiField for a game for two!