Bucs Invite Hunter Owen To Camp

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Another prospect has been invited to ST as a non roster player. Hunter Owen a 2016 draft pick will join the other non roster invitees. Just wondering if another team has interest in him so by inviting him to camp they can showcase him during spring games.

ArnoldRothstein

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

They made a little effort to get him some catching experience a couple of years ago. I wonder if he's been working on that? The bat starts looking a little interesting if he can catch.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

545859020B020A07001F05320 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

That makes sense, fjk. Owen is an organizational player. Somebody has to play 3B at Indy and I don't think he has any competition.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

757978232A232B26213E24130 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

I am expecting doc to get a call.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Had the Pirates left Owen in Altoona all season in 2019, he very possibly would been the Eastern League Player of the Year. But in the 4th game after his promotion to Indy, he was drilled in the left hand and missed the next 20 games. If he can adjust to AAA like he has at every other level, he could reasonably land a shot in the majors.
ChillinStation

Post by ChillinStation »

Pirates need guys like Owen and that kid from Australia ( Glenndining)  to make some noise and push others . Or even be Pirate options, players fighting it out for a bench spot is good for the team.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

200B0A0F0F0A0D301702170A0C0D630 wrote: Pirates need guys like Owen and that kid from Australia ( Glenndining)  to make some noise and push others . Or even be Pirate options, players fighting it out for a bench spot is good for the team.

Hold your horses when you talk about Glendenning. Per the RumBunter Robbie needs TJ surgery. Glendenning To Undergo TJ Surgery

I saw Robbie when he played with Morgantown in 2017 & 2018 and continued following him from then on. He was certainly busting his butt to try making it in MLB. At age 25 he will find it hard to make it to MLB after missing the 2021 season.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

033D3830233B3B301035223166540 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

Yeah, they'll call me. To buy a season ticket plan.

Speaking of playing, I just got back from Ft. Myers last night where we played in a six game tournament. In our last game, Hard Hittin' Mark Whitten played for the other team. Well, I should say he batted for the other team. He's the size of a house, now, and moves like a 95-year old grandmother.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

3D6B7D69667C6C676A7D4F68626E6663216C0F0 wrote: Just read that the late invitation for Owen was because the Bucs like all teams are permitted to have 75 players at ST sites this year. They did not want to add Owen earlier, and then inform him he could not attend because they exceeded the player limit. The Pirates now have 72 players in camp, so there could be a late addition or two in the coming days.

Yeah, they'll call me.  To buy a season ticket plan.

Speaking of playing, I just got back from Ft. Myers last night where we played in a six game tournament.  In our last game, Hard Hittin' Mark Whitten played for the other team.  Well, I should say he batted for the other team.  He's the size of a house, now, and moves like a 95-year old grandmother.

Was that a Roy Hobbs tourney?