I hope the Bucs are scouting guys from Pomona College

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Speaking of player development I saw this article in USA Today Sports website.

MLB Advanced Analytics Class

But will BN spend the money on a couple guys and the needed equipment for each MiLB team?
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Every time I see articles about baseball metrics, I can't help but think about Yogi Berra. Can you imagine someone sitting him down and trying to explain that stuff? He was a baseball genius in his own way but I can't imagine him thinking analytics were anything more than a language from another planet.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

663026323D27373C3126143339353D387A37540 wrote: Every time I see articles about baseball metrics, I can't help but think about Yogi Berra.  Can you imagine someone sitting him down and trying to explain that stuff?  He was a baseball genius in his own way but I can't imagine him thinking analytics were anything more than a language from another planet. 

And then there wasw Casey Stengel! "The Old Professor"
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

1F3E361F343C5B0 wrote: Every time I see articles about baseball metrics, I can't help but think about Yogi Berra.  Can you imagine someone sitting him down and trying to explain that stuff?  He was a baseball genius in his own way but I can't imagine him thinking analytics were anything more than a language from another planet. 

And then there wasw Casey Stengel!  "The Old Professor"

HAHA! Oh my, Casey and analytics! : :o