Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

Wildwood Dave and I had a virtual summit meeting this morning. We agreed that in order for a player to be scored, there must be a report that he has a major league contract. While Grewenweenie was not at the summit meeting, we are sure that he would agree, but if not, we would outvote him.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

617A77767F737C120 wrote: Wildwood Dave and I had a virtual summit meeting this morning.  We agreed that in order for a player to be scored, there must be a report that he  has a major league contract.  While Grewenweenie was not at the summit meeting, we are sure that he would agree, but if not, we would outvote him.

it should be noted that Weenie is used to being outvoted
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

506E6B637068686343667162070 wrote: Wildwood Dave and I had a virtual summit meeting this morning.  We agreed that in order for a player to be scored, there must be a report that he  has a major league contract.  While Grewenweenie was not at the summit meeting, we are sure that he would agree, but if not, we would outvote him.

it should be noted that Weenie is used to being outvoted
_______

I know, maybe he should change his thought processes.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

352E23222B2728460 wrote: Wildwood Dave and I had a virtual summit meeting this morning.  We agreed that in order for a player to be scored, there must be a report that he  has a major league contract.  While Grewenweenie was not at the summit meeting, we are sure that he would agree, but if not, we would outvote him.

i would assume that in oder to play, a guy has to have a major league contract. Regardless, I don't give anything but a 0 to a guy who has never played at the MLB level.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

4C796E6E655C6E6E65626E0B0 wrote: Wildwood Dave and I had a virtual summit meeting this morning.  We agreed that in order for a player to be scored, there must be a report that he  has a major league contract.  While Grewenweenie was not at the summit meeting, we are sure that he would agree, but if not, we would outvote him.

i would assume that in oder to play, a guy has to have a major league contract.  Regardless, I don't give anything but a 0 to a guy who has never played at the MLB level.

So in other words, a player who has a major league contract with no Major League experience and leaves Spring Training with the club, gets a 0 until he steps onto the field?
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

We score the guy at the time that Shed posts it on here.  If he has never even played a MLB game, he gets a 0 from me.  He has to at least do something to justify me giving him anything higher than that.

If we gave points to people who don't do anything, Huntington would have had more points than the Tommy machine. And, Cherington would beat that.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

After considerable debate, the blue ribbon panel has decided to score Joe Gatto for the Rangers. I score him a .5 and I already know Greenweenie's score. What say y ou Wildwood dave?

The current standings are:

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)............... 8

Mets - Stroman(3.5),Williams(1),May(2.5)..................................7

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1)..................................................3.5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2)...................................................3

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Angels - Igesias(2)....................................................................2

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1)...................................................2

Mariners - Graveman(1).............................................................1

Dodgers Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Rangers - Heineman(.5),Gotto(.5)..............................................1

Reds - Hoffman-(.5)................................................................0.5

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Meantime, I think Rip Van Cherington is going to try to beat Rip Van Winkle's record.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

617A77767F737C120 wrote: After considerable debate, the blue ribbon panel has decided to score Joe Gatto for the Rangers.  I score him a .5 and I already know Greenweenie's score.  What say y ou Wildwood dave?

Braves - Almonte (.5),Tomlin(2),Smyly(3),Morton(2.5)...............  8

Royals - Minor(2.5),Taylor(1)..................................................3.5

Giants - Vosler(1),Gausman(2)...................................................3

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Cubs - Rizzo(3).......................................................................3

Blue Jays- Dolis(2),Ray(1)..........................................................3

Phillies - Neris(3)......................................................................3

Orioles - Iglesias(2.5)..............................................................2.5

Angels - Igesias(2)....................................................................2

Indians - Perez(2.5)...................................................................2

Diamondbacks - Kelly(2)............................................................2

Nationals - Harrison(1),Clay(1)...................................................2

Mariners - Graveman(1).............................................................1

Dodgers  Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Reds - Hoffman-(.5)................................................................0.5

Rockies - Stephenson(.5).........................................................0.5

Brewers - Maile(.5).................................................................0.5

Meantime, I think Rip Van Cherington is going to try to beat Rip Van Winkle's record.

Gotto .5
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

100B06070E020D630 wrote: After considerable debate, the blue ribbon panel has decided to score Joe Gatto for the Rangers.  I score him a .5 and I already know Greenweenie's score.  What say y ou Wildwood dave?

Dodgers  Knebel(1)...................................................................1

Maybe Cherington just doesn't understand your scoring system. After all, he did improve the backup catcher spot in his sleep. He's probably very disappointed to find out that it didn't count. That's one more catcher than Van Winkle obtained in his sleep. ;)
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

183538292E3F28686B5A0 wrote: After considerable debate, the blue ribbon panel has decided to score Joe Gatto for the Rangers.  I score him a .5 and I already know Greenweenie's score.  What say y ou Wildwood dave?

Maybe Cherington just doesn't understand your scoring system. After all, he did improve the backup catcher spot in his sleep. He's probably very disappointed to find out that it didn't count. That's one more catcher than Van Winkle obtained in his sleep.  ;)

________

I fully expect that Perez will be DFA'd long before the season starts, but if not, Cherington will get a score for him.