Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

6D4A43434A595A4A6D5A4C2F0 wrote: I guess no one will explain the point of this thread.  If it is to point out the Pirates are not spending in FA, can probably stop now.  No point until Bob Nutting sells the team.

It was a thread which we used on previous boards which some of us were on previously Shedman started this a few years ago. As you can see, it shows which teams are the most active on the Free Agent Market and the quality of those signed. You are correct in saying that that as long as Nutting owns the team the bucs will always be near the bottom. However

it puts emphasis on who goes where .

Cool, thanks!

Might as well just put the Pirates at the bottom with a zero to save time. I do not really think they should be a the top of that list this year, but this is an organization that is not even allowed to sign competent OFs.

_____

This thread is an attempt to measure our GM against all other GM's. Certainly there are other measures of a GM including minor league acquisitions, player development, draft picks, etc, etc, etc. This is not an attempt to measure those things, only major league acquisitions. So far Cherington is at 0.
SCBucco

Off Season Thread

Post by SCBucco »

657E73727B7778160 wrote: I guess no one will explain the point of this thread.  If it is to point out the Pirates are not spending in FA, can probably stop now.  No point until Bob Nutting sells the team.

It was a thread which we used on previous boards which some of us were on previously Shedman started this a few years ago. As you can see, it shows which teams are the most active on the Free Agent Market and the quality of those signed. You are correct in saying that that as long as Nutting owns the team the bucs will always be near the bottom. However

Cool, thanks!

Might as well just put the Pirates at the bottom with a zero to save time. I do not really think they should be a the top of that list this year, but this is an organization that is not even allowed to sign competent OFs.

_____

This thread is an attempt to measure our GM against all other GM's.  Certainly there are other measures of a GM including minor league acquisitions, player development, draft picks, etc, etc, etc.  This is not an attempt to measure those things, only major league acquisitions.  So far Cherington is at 0.

Why measure our GM at this point? We know he is severely handicapped relative to major league acquisitions. Mets will get Realmuto and we will get Aaron Harang and a Riddle.
BellevueBuc

Off Season Thread

Post by BellevueBuc »

714F4A425149494262475043260 wrote: I guess no one will explain the point of this thread.  If it is to point out the Pirates are not spending in FA, can probably stop now.  No point until Bob Nutting sells the team.

Cool, thanks!

They won't be at the top of that list any year!!

Given what we know now, i agree. I hope at some point Bob Nutting decides he has made enough money and sells the team.
BellevueBuc

Off Season Thread

Post by BellevueBuc »

2C373A3B323E315F0 wrote: I guess no one will explain the point of this thread.  If it is to point out the Pirates are not spending in FA, can probably stop now.  No point until Bob Nutting sells the team.

Cool, thanks!

_____

This thread is an attempt to measure our GM against all other GM's.  Certainly there are other measures of a GM including minor league acquisitions, player development, draft picks, etc, etc, etc.  This is not an attempt to measure those things, only major league acquisitions.  So far Cherington is at 0.

Jesus could be the GM, and the score would be zero. The owner is the....nevermind.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

5E4E4F786E6E620D0 wrote: Is it me or are Shedman and Weenie the same person?

Oh my God, Shedman just threw up!! ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

795E57575E4D4E5E794E583B0 wrote: I guess no one will explain the point of this thread.  If it is to point out the Pirates are not spending in FA, can probably stop now.  No point until Bob Nutting sells the team.

Cool, thanks!

They won't be at the top of that list any year!!

Given what we know now, i agree.  I hope at some point Bob Nutting decides he has made enough money and sells the team.

Bob Nutting selling because he's made enough money? There's a better chance of you becoming the queen of England.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

05151423353539560 wrote: I guess no one will explain the point of this thread.  If it is to point out the Pirates are not spending in FA, can probably stop now.  No point until Bob Nutting sells the team.

Cool, thanks!

_____

Why measure our GM at this point?  We know he is severely handicapped relative to major league acquisitions.  Mets will get Realmuto and we will get Aaron Harang and a Riddle.________

With that logic, why measure our GM in any year. Just keep kicking the can down the road until the GM is fired and when the hire the new GM, kick the can down the road further.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

55454473656569060 wrote: Is it me or are Shedman and Weenie the same person?
_______

WOW, you really know how to hurt a guy!!!
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

524944454C404F210 wrote: I guess no one will explain the point of this thread.  If it is to point out the Pirates are not spending in FA, can probably stop now.  No point until Bob Nutting sells the team.

Cool, thanks!

_____

Why measure our GM at this point?  We know he is severely handicapped relative to major league acquisitions.  Mets will get Realmuto and we will get Aaron Harang and a Riddle.________

With that logic, why measure our GM in any year.  Just keep kicking the can down the road until the GM is fired and when the hire the new GM, kick the can down the road further.

We are not the ones kicking the can down the road. You'll have to speak to Mr. Nutting about that. Whether we rate or don't rate our handcuffed GMs won't change anything. So just noting the obvious everyday that he isn't conducting business like the GMs of non-Nutting owned teams is like the old SNL Weekend Update running joke that "Generalissimo Francisco Franco is still dead."
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

7D666B6A636F600E0 wrote: Is it me or are Shedman and Weenie the same person?
_______

WOW, you really know how to hurt a guy!!!

You're right. I'm still in pain.