Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

475C515059555A340 wrote: The Yankees exercise their option with Zach Britton for a 3.  What say you Greenweenie and Wildwood Dave?

The current standings are:

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Nationals - Harrison(1)...............................................................1

Mariners - Graveman(1).............................................................1

Meantime, Cherington stands there like a freight train passing a bum.

Britton- 3

By the way, those freight trains that pass bums are moving. Cherington's iike the bum who's waiting for some train to come, pick him up, and put him inside- in the luxury suite.
SyrBucco

Off Season Thread

Post by SyrBucco »

456865747362753536070 wrote: Kolten Wong would be a good addition. Or they could aim lower for former LA 1Bman Tyler White. I have a hard time telling White from Wong.
Oh, that was a good one, Bobster!
SyrBucco

Off Season Thread

Post by SyrBucco »

643224303F25353E332416313B373F3A7835560 wrote: The Brewers have declined the option for Ryan Braun. He  is now  a free agent, like Wong,and  Brad Hand. The list is growing!

I wouldn't care if Ryan Braun were to hit 60 HRs and play errorless defense next season, I wouldn't want that cheating bit of scum to ever wear a Pirates uniform.  For me, he's the most-detestable player in baseball.
I agree, and it doesn't have to do with the steroids. It has everything to do with trying to ruin an innocent man to cover it up. I would stop being a Pirates fan if they signed him.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

193338083F2929254A0 wrote: The Brewers have declined the option for Ryan Braun. He  is now  a free agent, like Wong,and  Brad Hand. The list is growing!

I wouldn't care if Ryan Braun were to hit 60 HRs and play errorless defense next season, I wouldn't want that cheating bit of scum to ever wear a Pirates uniform.  For me, he's the most-detestable player in baseball.
I agree, and it doesn't have to do with the steroids. It has everything to do with trying to ruin an innocent man to cover it up. I would stop being a Pirates fan if they signed him.

Exactly. It was the stunt he pulled that ruined that guy that really showed his true character. And a rotten character it is.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

1A4C5A4E415B4B404D5A684F45494144064B280 wrote: The Brewers have declined the option for Ryan Braun. He  is now  a free agent, like Wong,and  Brad Hand. The list is growing!

Exactly.  It was the stunt he pulled that ruined that guy that really showed his true character.  And a rotten character it is.
Doc feels the same way about the Brewers that I feel about the Eagles. If somehow Braun would end up in a Pirate uniform (he won't) It could be in the end of doc
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

093C2B2B20192B2B20272B4E0 wrote: The Yankees exercise their option with Zach Britton for a 3.  What say you Greenweenie and Wildwood Dave?

The current standings are:

Astros - Gurriel(3).....................................................................3

Marlins - Marte(3)......................................................................3

Yankees - Britton(3)...................................................................3

Nationals - Harrison(1)...............................................................1

Mariners - Graveman(1).............................................................1

Meantime, Cherington stands there like a freight train passing a bum.

Britton- 3

By the way, those freight trains that pass bums are moving.  Cherington's iike the bum who's waiting for some train to come, pick him up, and put him inside- in the luxury suite.
I give Britton a 3.5 had an excellent ERA. it was below 2. i also believe he is a lefty.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

4A676A7B7C6D7A3A39080 wrote: Please take to a different thread or start one

Thx.
I didn't know you had imposed rules on the board. :(

Good article in today's PG regarding Archer> others are mentioned as well. Main premise is the lack of gate revenue has hurt many teams. ( not the bucs however, they are used to it) :(
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

With the scores for Britton at 3 -3 -3.5, the average comes out to 3.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

120904050C000F610 wrote: With the scores for Britton at 3 -3 -3.5, the average comes out to 3.
question for you Shedman- would you rather that I not give someone .5?
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Tampa Bay, sentimental favorite for winning the AL pennant, didn't waste any time proving that between the two Florida franchises, they are the "Lite" version. Looks like they're blowing it up.

Rays decline options on Zunino (4.5 million) and Charlie Morton (15 million). With the addition of placing back up catcher Michael Perez on waivers, who was snatched up by the Pirates before the ink was even dry, Blake Snell must still be in a state of "WTF?" since the early hook in game 6.