Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Javy

Off Season Thread

Post by Javy »

Where's the concern over dumping JT Riddle? He wasn't a LMG at $850,000 last season.
WildwoodDave

Off Season Thread

Post by WildwoodDave »

223934353C303F510 wrote: "Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

I would rather have Archer than another LMG.
11 million for a bust? no thanks
________

Let me see if I understand you.  Since Archer stinks, we should give another $11 million to BOB?
Or maybe they can give it to Polanco to reward him for his excellent performance in 2020
________

I have an idea, lets get rid of Archer and Polanco and give BOB another $23 million.  They can be replaced by LMG's and then we can spend 2021 seeing what we have.
So you want to keep bad players because you only care about the money that it takes to keep them. There are 2 major issues with the Pirates. One, is Nutting's legendary cheapness. The other is the lack of talent on the roster. You seem to prefer keeping bad players as long as it costs money to keep them. So that maximizes the lack of talent issue merely to force Nutting to spend on guys who are counterproductive.

I would prefer they try to improve the roster. Archer and Polanco would be addition by subtraction. And whether they spend or save the 23 million those 2 would cost, the team would be more productive without them. We're all used to Nutting spending less to weaken the team. But if he's going to spend less, at least this would improve the team. 

____

How does saving BOB $23 million do me any good as a fan?  I prefer keeping bad players who have proven in the past they can compete at the major league level rather than bad players who haven't proved they can compete at the major league level.  At least there is some hope that they could return to the play that made them major leaguers while it is hopeless with players that just do not have the talent to compete at the major league level.
We have been doing a great deal of of hoping . Really hasn't gotten us very far
Ecbucs

Off Season Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

5F61646C7F67676C4C697E6D080 wrote: "Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

________

Let me see if I understand you.  Since Archer stinks, we should give another $11 million to BOB?
Or maybe they can give it to Polanco to reward him for his excellent performance in 2020
________

I have an idea, lets get rid of Archer and Polanco and give BOB another $23 million.  They can be replaced by LMG's and then we can spend 2021 seeing what we have.
So you want to keep bad players because you only care about the money that it takes to keep them. There are 2 major issues with the Pirates. One, is Nutting's legendary cheapness. The other is the lack of talent on the roster. You seem to prefer keeping bad players as long as it costs money to keep them. So that maximizes the lack of talent issue merely to force Nutting to spend on guys who are counterproductive.

I would prefer they try to improve the roster. Archer and Polanco would be addition by subtraction. And whether they spend or save the 23 million those 2 would cost, the team would be more productive without them. We're all used to Nutting spending less to weaken the team. But if he's going to spend less, at least this would improve the team. 

____

How does saving BOB $23 million do me any good as a fan?  I prefer keeping bad players who have proven in the past they can compete at the major league level rather than bad players who haven't proved they can compete at the major league level.  At least there is some hope that they could return to the play that made them major leaguers while it is hopeless with players that just do not have the talent to compete at the major league level.
[highlight]We have been doing a great deal of of hoping . Really hasn't gotten us very far[/highlight]

We need to start praying too.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6E48495E48582B0 wrote: "Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

________

________

____

[highlight]We have been doing a great deal of of hoping . Really hasn't gotten us very far[/highlight]

I've been sacrificing virgins at an altar out back. Boy, are they hard to find!
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

3B6D7B6F607A6A616C7B496E64686065276A090 wrote: "Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

________

________

____

I've been sacrificing virgins at an altar out back.  Boy, are they hard to find!
Especially since Neal Huntington was fired and left town.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Off Season Thread

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

6E434E5F58495E1E1D2C0 wrote: "Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

________

________

____

I've been sacrificing virgins at an altar out back.  Boy, are they hard to find!
Especially since Neal Huntington was fired and left town.

;D. What else can we blame him for?
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Count down begins on Archer.
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

The esteemed panel starts putting in a week of work starting today. I'm glad we need some new banter
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

The off-season's often .ore engaging than the RS.

Much to my disdain, certainly more than the playoffs. :(
Surgnbuck

Off Season Thread

Post by Surgnbuck »

Current MLB salary dumps today and the dollars going back to their selfish greedy carpetbagging owners:

Kolten Wong by the Cardinals and 12.5 million

Mike Leake, Hector Rondon by the D-Backs for 22 million

Anibal Sanchez, Adam Eaton, Howie Kendricks, Eric Thames by the Nationals for 33 million

Daniel Murphy by the Rockies for 12 million

Dee Strange-Gordon by the Mariners for 14 million

Wilson Ramos, Robinson Chirinos, Todd Frazier by the Mets for 22.25 million