Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

I would like to see Taillon, Keller, Brault, Brubaker, Musgrove, Williams or Kuhl improve and keep Archer too. There is no need to dump more salary, we are already have the 29th lowest team salary in all of baseball.
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

79626F6E676B640A0 wrote: I would like to see Taillon, Keller, Brault, Brubaker, Musgrove, Williams or Kuhl improve and keep Archer too.  There is no need to dump more salary, we are already have the 29th lowest team salary in all of baseball.
IMHO, there's a need to dump Archer. There's no need to dump salary. He has been an ineffective pitcher since 2016. His salary shouldn't be an excuse for keeping him merely to avoid the impression of a salary dump. I would never want them to keep an unproductive, overpaid player merely to avoid reducing the payroll. A player shouldn't get a free pass just because of how much money he makes.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

There's no one on the pitching staff i want to keep, but we have to toss five or six guys out there, so.....
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

023720202B1220202B2C20450 wrote: I would like to see Taillon, Keller, Brault, Brubaker, Musgrove, Williams or Kuhl improve and keep Archer too.  There is no need to dump more salary, we are already have the 29th lowest team salary in all of baseball.
IMHO, there's a need to dump Archer. There's no need to dump salary. He has been an ineffective pitcher since 2016. His salary shouldn't be an excuse for keeping him merely to avoid the impression of a salary dump. I would never want them to keep an unproductive, overpaid player merely to avoid reducing the payroll. A player shouldn't get a free pass just because of how much money he makes.

Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either.

Yes.

shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

"Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

I would rather have Archer than another LMG.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

Orioles re-sign Stevie Wilkerson - Minor Leaguer.
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

706B66676E626D030 wrote: "Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

Wouldn't that depend on the ability of the LMG as opposed to Archer?
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

6B707D7C757976180 wrote: "Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

There comes a time when enough enough, and I think the guy's toast.

What they ought to do is cut bait, spend the money on someone decent, like when they first got Liriano.

Of course, that's the last thing they will do.

If I saw the slightest bit of humanity in sending Archer to face MLB hitters again, I'd agree with you.

It's lose/lose. We can't come out ahead on this.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

122730303B0230303B3C30550 wrote: "Which also means.....that we shouldn't play LMGs just because of what THEY make, either."

___

There comes a time when enough enough, and I think the guy's toast.

What they ought to do is cut bait, spend the money on someone decent, like when they first got Liriano.

Of course, that's the last thing they will do.

If I saw the slightest bit of humanity in sending Archer to face MLB hitters again, I'd agree with you.

It's lose/lose.  We can't come out ahead on this.

_______

I am all for replacing Archer with someone decent like Liriano, but if it is plug in another LMG and hope for the best, I am not on board.
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

We'd be plugging in Archer and praying for the best.

Which isn't a whole lot differerent from what we've been doing with the entire roster in recent years! ;)