The Gunner

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

WildwoodDave2

The Gunner

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Excellent two day special in todays PG on Bob Prince. For you Gunner fans, you should enjoy it.

Bob Prince Memories - Part 1[reason]To add a link to the first story[/reason]
ArnoldRothstein

The Gunner

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

He'd say about a young player, "I wish I had his future, but he wishes he had my past!"

He was doing a live interview once, I think Murtaugh, and I think Fred Patek walked behind him and threw a bucket of water over his head. Prince was remarkably restrained with his language, just kept sputtering about "20,000 volts."

GreenWeenie

The Gunner

Post by GreenWeenie »

Any guy who could take swan dives off hotel balconies into swimming pools is all right with me. ;)
2drfischer@gmail.c

The Gunner

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

5C62676F7C64646F4F6A7D6E390B0 wrote: Excellent two day special in todays PG on Bob Prince. For you Gunner fans, you should enjoy it.

Bob Prince Memories - Part 1[reason]To add a link to the first story[/reason]

Fun article. I was lucky enough to be watching the hockey game mentioned in the story. It was so funny listening to him saying, "We got it. Now they got it." He was one in a million.
GermanTownship

The Gunner

Post by GermanTownship »

The Gunner and Possum were the best two man crew in baseball. They were very entertaining, to say the least. After reading the article about how they would start talking about something that didn’t pertain to the game, sometimes ball and strike calls were missed. This is where the Gunner got in trouble with Westinghouse. Wonder how much alcohol was consumed during games? Question? When Possum Woods went to Boston, who replaced him. I forgot. Prince had a great relationship with Roberto Clemente.
GreenWeenie

The Gunner

Post by GreenWeenie »

Growing up, I can't count how many times Big Weenie (GRHS) would yell at the radio- "What's the score? What's the SCORE? What the He//'s the XX SCORE?

If he was with us TODAY, he wouldn't want to know. :((((
Bobster21

The Gunner

Post by Bobster21 »

63415649454A704B534A574C4D54240 wrote: The Gunner and Possum were the best two man crew in baseball. They were very entertaining, to say the least. After reading the article about how they would start talking about something that didn’t pertain to the game, sometimes ball and strike calls were missed. This is where the Gunner got in trouble with Westinghouse. Wonder how much alcohol was consumed during games? Question? When Possum Woods went to Boston, who replaced him. I forgot. Prince had a great relationship with Roberto Clemente.
Nellie King replaced Woods. Prince sometimes worked alone and would take a few minutes to go to the bathroom while the crowd noise was all you heard. He got in trouble with Westinghouse because they let some drunk execs stroll thru the booth during a broadcast and Prince made some on air comments about it.
ArnoldRothstein

The Gunner

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

Prince had a great relationship with Roberto Clemente.[/edit]

Someone said, "Clemente didn't mind that Prince called him 'Bobby,' but keep in mind that Prince also called him 'The Great One.'"
GreenWeenie

The Gunner

Post by GreenWeenie »

Just so he didn't call him BOB.
WildwoodDave2

The Gunner

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

7144535358615353585F53360 wrote: Just so he didn't call him BOB.
Just think, if it wasn't for the gunner, YOU wouldn't exist. HMMMMM :)