Off Season Thread

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

0E2B28283D162B232136440 wrote: Without a doubt one of the best if not the best hockey announcer of all times. If he lives in the Burgh; the Pirates should definitely see if he is interested in doing some part time color commentary. Love the guy!! Will miss him deeply during the hockey season and playoffs
That would be great. Instead we're stuck with the insufferable Joe Block.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

BOB bought a controlling interest in the Pirates in 2006 for $92 million. According to Forbes, it is now worth $1.26 billion. The difference is $340 million. Assuming that he has at least a 50% stake in the club, BOB has netted a tidy $170 million.
Javy

Off Season Thread

Post by Javy »

243F32333A3639570 wrote: BOB bought a controlling interest in the Pirates in 2006 for $92 million.  According to Forbes, it is now worth $1.26 billion.  The difference is $340 million.  Assuming that he has at least a 50% stake in the club, BOB has netted a tidy $170 million.
Might want to check your abacuss
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

0823343B420 wrote: BOB bought a controlling interest in the Pirates in 2006 for $92 million.  According to Forbes, it is now worth $1.26 billion.  The difference is $340 million.  Assuming that he has at least a 50% stake in the club, BOB has netted a tidy $170 million.
Might want to check your abacuss
_______

I stand corrected, it is more like BOB made $584 million. Dang, that is like $42 million per year!!!
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

What he gets for using a suspect mathematician.
DemDog

Off Season Thread

Post by DemDog »

033621212A1321212A2D21440 wrote: What he gets for using a suspect mathematician.

I don't give a rats arse about using an abacus or a supercomputer to calculate what BOB's net worth is and how much profit he makes when he unloads the Bucs or should I say when his kids dump the team. Whatever it is it will be more than every person on OBN makes in two lifetimes. You would think that as a decent person he would spend an additional $50million on the payroll to thank the Bucs fans for allowing him to increase his wealth.
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

0E2F270E252D4A0 wrote: What he gets for using a suspect mathematician.

I don't give a rats arse about using an abacus or a supercomputer to calculate what BOB's net worth is and how much profit he makes when he unloads the Bucs or should I say when his kids dump the team.  Whatever it is it will be more than every person on OBN makes in two lifetimes.  You would think that as a decent person he would spend an additional $50million on the payroll to thank the Bucs fans for allowing him to increase his wealth.

______

Post of the Day!
Bobster21

Off Season Thread

Post by Bobster21 »

It's strange that Nutting is so averse to spending and totally into profiting but the value of his team doesn't enrich him unless he sells it and gets that price. And yet he doesn't seem to want to cash out. I guess being an MLB team owner strokes his ego. He's not in it to win it and he's not in it to reap the fortune that awaits if he sells. Seems like he just likes being in the fraternity of team owners. I guess it makes him feel special. ::)
GreenWeenie

Off Season Thread

Post by GreenWeenie »

504B46474E424D230 wrote: What he gets for using a suspect mathematician.

I don't give a rats arse about using an abacus or a supercomputer to calculate what BOB's net worth is and how much profit he makes when he unloads the Bucs or should I say when his kids dump the team.  Whatever it is it will be more than every person on OBN makes in two lifetimes.  You would think that as a decent person he would spend an additional $50million on the payroll to thank the Bucs fans for allowing him to increase his wealth.

______

Post of the Day!

Suspect Mathemetician. 

This is the off-season, so think of it as your summer school math lesson.

He paid 92 mil for controlling interest, not the entire team.  that's 92 followed by six zeros.

The entire franchise is worth $1.26 B- that's a b....billion.  That's 126 followed  by seven zeros.

If the guy owns half of that, it comes to....$630,000,000(or 630 million)

630 less 92 is a gross profit of $538 million.

That's even tidier than you calculated.  The guy's far from hurting.

My guess is...he paid $75,001 in federal taxes!
shedman

Off Season Thread

Post by shedman »

5F6A7D7D764F7D7D76717D180 wrote: What he gets for using a suspect mathematician.

______

Post of the Day!

Suspect Mathemetician. 

This is the off-season, so think of it as your summer school math lesson.

He paid 92 mil for controlling interest, not the entire team.  that's 92 followed by six zeros.

The entire franchise is worth $1.26 B- that's a b....billion.  That's 126 followed  by seven zeros.

If the guy owns half of that, it comes to....$630,000,000(or 630 million)

630 less 92 is a gross profit of $538 million.

That's even tidier than you calculated.  The guy's far from hurting.

My guess is...he paid $75,001 in federal taxes! 

----

$538 million  $584 million.  Whatever. We agree that BOB has made 1/2 billion dollars.