Tuesday game thread: Tallion faces Brewers

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Tallion gives up a 2 run HR in top of first.

His inconsistency is surprising and very disappointing. Not much difference in expectation between a 1-1 (Cole) and a 1-2 (Tallion), is there?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

202731393720676B12353F333B3E7C313D3F520 wrote: Tallion gives up a 2 run HR in top of first. 

His inconsistency is surprising and very disappointing.  Not much difference in expectation between a 1-1 (Cole) and a 1-2 (Tallion), is there?
Maybe Taillon needs to go to the Astros.
mouse

Post by mouse »

And then Marte.
rucker59@gmail.com

1E333E2F28392E6E6D5C0 wrote: Tallion gives up a 2 run HR in top of first. 

His inconsistency is surprising and very disappointing.  Not much difference in expectation between a 1-1 (Cole) and a 1-2 (Tallion), is there?

Maybe the Pirates need to turn him into a pitch-to-contact sinker ball pitcher: the Brewers are hitting him HARD. He’s lucky to only be down 3 runs.

Man, he’s been as disappointing as Bell.
rucker59@gmail.com

I wonder if pups are counted in attendance tonight?

I’m guessing 7329 people in attendance.  3689 pups. Total attendance a respectable ( :P) 11,018.  Anything above this and we can know attendance is inflated....
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

383F29212F387F730A2D272B2326642925274A0 wrote: Tallion gives up a 2 run HR in top of first. 

Maybe the Pirates need to turn him into a pitch-to-contact sinker ball pitcher: the Brewers are hitting him HARD.  He’s lucky to only be down 3 runs.

That's disappointing. I expected Taillon to become another one of those outstanding starting pitchers developed under the watch of the great guru Ray Searage like.....uh...wait a minute...uh...I'm sure there's somebody....like...uh...I'm sure it'll come to me. Oh! Oh! I got it! Oops, no never mind. Maybe...nah. Well, maybe Tailon will be the first. Maybe.
rucker59@gmail.com

785558494E5F48080B3A0 wrote: Tallion gives up a 2 run HR in top of first. 

Maybe the Pirates need to turn him into a pitch-to-contact sinker ball pitcher: the Brewers are hitting him HARD.  He’s lucky to only be down 3 runs.

That's disappointing. I expected Taillon to become another one of those outstanding starting pitchers developed under the watch of the great guru Ray Searage like.....uh...wait a minute...uh...I'm sure there's somebody....like...uh...I'm sure it'll come to me. Oh! Oh! I got it! Oops, no never mind. Maybe...nah. Well, maybe Tailon will be the first. Maybe.

Don’t forget Frankie. Ray turned Frankie into an All Star the Pirates were able to flip in a trade with the Jays....never mind.

We’ll think of somebody.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

4E495F57594E09057C5B515D5550125F53513C0 wrote: Tallion gives up a 2 run HR in top of first. 

Don’t forget Frankie. Ray turned Frankie into an All Star the Pirates were able to flip in a trade with the Jays....never mind. 

We’ll think of somebody.

Seriously, while Ray has had some success briefly resurrecting careers of previously successful pitchers, no young starting pitcher has come thru the system and become a true star. At least not until going to Houston.
rucker59@gmail.com

123F32232435226261500 wrote: Tallion gives up a 2 run HR in top of first. 

We’ll think of somebody.

Seriously, while Ray has had some success briefly resurrecting careers of previously successful pitchers, no young starting pitcher has come thru the system and become a true star. At least not until going to Houston. 

JA Happ? But any success Ray has had must be balanced against Charlie and Garrett - guys he totally mishandled.

And if the Pirate pitching Philosophy and uncle Ray are not able to turn dust-bin reclamation projects into quality starters, then the Pirate’s Philosophy has been gutted.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

686F79717F682F235A7D777B7376347975771A0 wrote: Tallion gives up a 2 run HR in top of first. 

We’ll think of somebody.

JA Happ?  But any success Ray has had must be balanced against Charlie and Garrett - guys he totally mishandled.

And if the Pirate pitching Philosophy and uncle Ray are not able to turn dust-bin reclamation projects into quality starters, then the Pirate’s Philosophy has been gutted.

Happ was another who had once been successful and fell on hard times before Searage "fixed" him. But I'm talking about young rookies coming thru the system with no prior track record. How many of them have become star pitchers under Searage? Zero?