Surgnbuck

Official Game Thread - 7/17 - Bucs vs Guardians

Post by Surgnbuck »

Off to work.

Wonderful dudbut.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0A2C2B3E373B2C3A32590 wrote: Wehner playing wtih the bobblehead reminds me of this scene from Slap Shot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMNUf-_ ... MNUf-_C9Ps
:D :D :D

Wehner didn't look too thrilled to have yo demonstrate the bobblehead in the middle of this disastrous game.
steve49

Post by steve49 »

6E50555D4E56565D7D584F5C0B390 wrote: I think Priester will remember his first start in the Majors :'(

According to ESPN , he topped out at 93 and was mostly 91 92. I had the game taped and somehow deleted it. I hope that's not corrects that's not going to cut it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

For once, we had reason for some optimism before the game started with all the kids in the lineup. But of course in typical Pirates fashion, it's 10-0, Priester's debut was a disaster, and the Pirates are being shut out on 3 hits by a bunch of relievers in a bullpen game.
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

Can the season get any lower than tonight?

I was so looking forward to tonight’s game.

If tonight’s game is any representation of the future then we are in big trouble
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Priester gave up a 2-run HR in the 4th and a run-scoring double in the 5th. A real manager might have had someone throwing in the BP after the rookie struggled through the 4th and 5th. But not Shelton. In the 6th, Priester gave up a single, double, double and HR before he was pulled. For most of that, no one was even throwing in the BP. Shelton just seems to lack any semblance of competence in managing a baseball team.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The excitement was riveting as the crowd chanted "Joe, Joe, Joe" as Conner Joe watched a 3rd strike go by. ::)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

De Los Santos loads the bases and then hesitates before running to cover 1B on a ball fielded by Choi with 2 outs. The batter wins the race to 1B and a run scores. 11-0.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

For a game that might have generated some positive feelings among the fan base as it featured Priester, Davis, Triolo, Gonzales, Rodriguez and Peguero, it was an utter disaster.

After 3 perfect innings, Priester struggled in the 4th, 5th and 6th and Shelton left him in as he was getting clobbered in the 6th.

De Los Santos had a brain cramp and lets a run score. (No they do NOT play hard for Shelton!)

The Pirates lose 11-0 in a BP game getting only 4 hits and striking out 12 times.

I guess the only highlight for the Pirates was when an incorrect catcher's interference call against Rodriguez was overturned on a challenge. The ump must have thought Hedges was behind the plate.

It's just 1 game but it could have generated some enthusiasm. Instead, it just gave the fans 1 more reason to be disgusted.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

I have another game with Hill starting. I find it unbelievable how many times he's started when I was in person.