More Bucs Trivia . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Ecbucs

More Bucs Trivia . . .

Post by Ecbucs »

0E2F270E252D4A0 wrote: Here goes, a baseball-only trivia question about a member of the '60 Bucs.

Who holds the N.L. record for most walks in a shutout.  He did not do it as a Buc.  Give me his name and the # or Ks.

wild guess of Jim Bibby
DemDog

More Bucs Trivia . . .

Post by DemDog »

Yes and we are talking walks here! ;D
DemDog

More Bucs Trivia . . .

Post by DemDog »

5B7A725B70781F0 wrote: What NL Batting record does ex-Bucco Tim Foli have in common with Pete Rose and 4 others?  Hint: They all did it in the same season.

Fewest HBPs in a season. Buddy Blattner of the 1946 NY Giants set the record at 6 and then in 1980 Foli, Rose, Andre Dawson of the Expos, Dan Driessen of the Reds, Greg Luzinski of the Phils, and Elliot Maddox of the Mets tied the record.
DemDog

More Bucs Trivia . . .

Post by DemDog »

52737B527971160 wrote: Yes and we are talking walks here!   ;D

Vinegar Bend Mizell did it with 9 for the 1956 Cards.
BucsFaninGA

More Bucs Trivia . . .

Post by BucsFaninGA »

Dang Vinegar Bend Mizell no less! Who would have thought it! I really believe that pitchers were better hitters back before the DH rule. The Bucs had some guys who could hit ....Don Robinson, Ken Brett come to mind....Heck, Rick Reuschel even had a hit or two when he pitched for the Bucs in 85-87. Nova is terrible hitter. I like the fact that a pitcher can contribute....Tallion, Musgrove and Williams look like they want to do something. Maybe Archer will turn into a hitter over time since he came from the AL and DH land...Beat'em Bucs 8-)