2. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

6. Colin Moran (L) 3B

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Joe Musgrove (R) P

Despite his record-tying cluster of doubles at the lead-off spot yesterday I bat Frazier 7th and let Newman start another hitting streak from the lead-off spot.
Ecbucs

Pirates vs Cubbies - 7/2 - Gagme Thread

Post by Ecbucs »

48696148636B0C0 wrote: 1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

6. Colin Moran (L) 3B

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Joe Musgrove (R) P

Despite his record-tying cluster of doubles at the lead-off spot yesterday I bat Frazier 7th and let Newman start another hitting streak from the lead-off spot.

one of the other surprises for this season is Newman's ability to play short. After his few games last year I wasn't sure about his bat or glove.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0D2B2A3D2B3B480 wrote: 1. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

2. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

6. Colin Moran (L) 3B

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Jacob Stallings (R) C

9. Joe Musgrove (R) P

one of the other surprises for this season is Newman's ability to play short.  After his few games last year I wasn't sure about his bat or glove.

The Pirates apparently felt the same way you did. That's what I find troubling about their ability to evaluate their prospects. Newman was a #1 pick, had hit well in the minors and if there were any rumors of poor fielding I missed them. Then after a disappointing brief MLB debut last year, they traded for Gonzalez who had never distinguished himself with the Indians who viewed him as a utility player. He was given the SS job in ST despite a weak bat and erratic fielding as if they thought anyone would be better than Newman. But Newman is doing just fine. Hard to believe they thought Newman was bad enough that they needed to take a chance on Gonzalez.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

I don’t subscribe to the notion that any game is “must win,” but certainly some are more important than others because of your opponent, and momentum. The Pirates laid a whipping on the Cubs last night. They have a great opportunity to come out and stick it to the Cubs again. Keep the momentum going.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

Musgrove is dealing.

Knock on wood
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

Frazier is on fire this series. Now 3-3 tonight, a triple short of the cycle.
IABucFan

Post by IABucFan »

50585B6C7A5F7877190 wrote: Frazier is on fire this series. Now 3-3 tonight, a triple short of the cycle.

4-4
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Man this offense is good now. I don’t know how long this can continue but there are just no weaknesses in this lineup right now. I think this offense is set right now and I would definitely start shopping a guy like Polanco around to try and get some more pitching. And please somebody tell this cheap miserable excuse for an owner to go out and spend the money that you have which is a bunch of it and invest it on the field and go sign a couple of good free agent starting pitchers. It’s the only thing I believe this team is currently missing from being a serious contender in the National League.