Game thread - August 5 - vs Orioles

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

062D2C29292C2B163124312C2A2B450 wrote: I like Reynolds in the 2 spot. But I really don`t like much else of this line up. Need some freakin hitters.
Long term though I see more promise in the fielders than the pitchers
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Good at bat for Hayes. If Cruz can square one up off Bautista we may see an exit speed world record .
gileszee

Post by gileszee »

Ugh...if Cruz only knew the strike zone. I mean the dude is throwing 102, so it is not easy by any stretch to square one up on the guy. Growing pains. Rather watch the kids fail than 30 year old's. Let's get them tomorrow.
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

Tough loss. Keller wasn’t perfect, but he didn’t seem phased when runners got on base. He worked through jams all night and certainly pitched well enough to win. He continues to look better as the season progresses.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

It was s fun game
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

Keller has had a string of good outings.I think he has arrived.

Too bad the bucs couldn't give him any run support
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Keller looked good. A couple fluke hits in the inning the Orioles scored. I caught a replay of Cruz's check swing. Didn't look like a swing and the ump was in no position to call it. At least I won't have to hear Joe Block this weekend. I walked past Robbie a couple times. It was Cedric Mullens bobblehead night and he hammered Keller's first pitch for a double. At least tonight isn't another Oriole bobblehead night.
WildwoodDave2

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

4D606D7C7B6A7D3D3E0F0 wrote: Keller looked good. A couple fluke hits in the inning the Orioles scored. I caught a replay of Cruz's check swing. Didn't look like a swing and the ump was in no position to call it. At least I won't have to hear Joe Block this weekend. I walked past Robbie a couple times. It was Cedric Mullens bobblehead night and he hammered Keller's first pitch for a double. At least tonight isn't another Oriole bobblehead night. 
Hope you enjoy your time at Camden Yards. I was there in 2008. Love the backdrop in RF. Good restaurants in the Inner Harbor
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

734D4840534B4B406045524116240 wrote: Keller has had a string of good outings.I think he has arrived.

Too bad the bucs couldn't give him any run support
I wonder if this change with Keller has something to do with the Pirates hiring of Dewey Robinson from Tampa this past offseason. Robinson had success with Tampa pitchers so one has to wonder how this change in Keller has come about. Whoever has helped him develop, I hope he continues to work with the Bucs other pitchers.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

605E5B53405858537356415205370 wrote: Keller looked good. A couple fluke hits in the inning the Orioles scored. I caught a replay of Cruz's check swing. Didn't look like a swing and the ump was in no position to call it. At least I won't have to hear Joe Block this weekend. I walked past Robbie a couple times. It was Cedric Mullens bobblehead night and he hammered Keller's first pitch for a double. At least tonight isn't another Oriole bobblehead night. 
Hope you enjoy your time at Camden Yards. I was there in 2008. Love the backdrop in RF. Good restaurants in the Inner Harbor
I live just outside of Baltimore. I guess the Orioles are still my #2 team but I rarely go the ballpark or even watch them on TV.