Game Thread - 8/18 - Bucs vs Indians

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

555958030A030B06011E04330 wrote: Bell is really making it hard to be able to get anything for him in a trade.  He Reynolds, and Polanco are just hitting awful, if any of the three were doing anything we might win a couple of games.
you can bet that if they do trade him he will become another Jose Batista
All 3 of those guys are awful. Polanco keeps striking out, Reynolds who was a good looking hitter last year can’t buy a hit. Bell, I am not sure if last May was a fluke, or is he not a very good hitter.  Watching this team is very frustrating!
Bell has never had a smooth swing. To me it looks like he jerks the bat thru the zone. He's very powerful and always a threat to go deep. But I don't think his swing is conducive to hitting consistently. Seems like a good hitting coach could work with him. Maybe when he's traded for two 19 year old rookie league players his new team will work out the kinks and turn him into a superstar.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Where is Osuna? He was recalled when Evans was hurt and has not appeared in a game since. Meanwhile Polanco is hitting .075. Osuna can play 1B, 3B and corner OF and there is now a DH. Yet McShelton cannot find one single AB for the guy since August 3rd. Even if a manager is saddled with an inferior roster, he still needs to get the most out of it, whatever that is. McShelton is not even trying to do that.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

If we win, we'd be 5 and 15. Just sayin'.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: Where is Osuna? He was recalled when Evans was hurt and has not appeared in a game since. Meanwhile Polanco is hitting .075. Osuna can play 1B, 3B and corner OF and there is now a DH. Yet McShelton cannot find one single AB for the guy since August 3rd. Even if a manager is saddled with an inferior roster, he still needs to get the most out of it, whatever that is. McShelton is not even trying to do that.

I wonder if they have completed their evaluation of Osuna and decided they don't need him next year.
ChitownBucco

Post by ChitownBucco »

Bucs really got hosed on the Dyson pick off call and the Santana Hr

I watched later on mlb.tv from the Indians feed. And after the call was upheld and the Indians started celebrating they showed a new angle we never saw. Definitely looked foul in that Angle. But I understand how it could never be over turned with it being so high and never knowing without the exact right cam angle
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

5C77766B7068715D6A7C7C701F0 wrote: Bucs really got hosed on the Dyson pick off call and the Santana Hr

I watched later on mlb.tv from the Indians feed. And after the call was upheld and the Indians started celebrating they showed a new angle we never saw. Definitely looked foul in that Angle. But I understand how it could never be over turned with it being so high and never knowing without the exact right cam angle
Not sure how anyone could have called that a fair ball. Without having a umpire back at the foul poll it was impossible. But to err on the side of a game changing doubtful call is just ridiculous. Same for Dyson he was clearly safe but the ump was blocked, I'm not sure why we have challenges if they are just going to go with the on field ump. Replays should should go at least 50/50.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

042924353223347477460 wrote: Where is Osuna? He was recalled when Evans was hurt and has not appeared in a game since. Meanwhile Polanco is hitting .075. Osuna can play 1B, 3B and corner OF and there is now a DH. Yet McShelton cannot find one single AB for the guy since August 3rd. Even if a manager is saddled with an inferior roster, he still needs to get the most out of it, whatever that is. McShelton is not even trying to do that.

Among the several things that are troublesome regarding Shelton's body of work thus far is the non-playing of Osuna combined with Polanco continuing to be in the line-up. I'm all for giving Shelton an opportunity to get his feet under him, particularly because this is his first managerial job but, Jesus, enough already.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

Thus far, I don't see how anyone can NOT question BC's hiring skills.

Shelton?  Absolutely unimpressive.  I don't care if he's an OJT.  He might be "a player's manager."  Well, we don't HAVE any players, so it doesn't matter.  I know that only an eager OJT would take the job, but still, this guy isn't it.

That pitching coach is in way over his skis.  The results show it.

We have to do better, and that means the front office as much as everywhere else.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

4E7B6C6C675E6C6C67606C090 wrote: Thus far, I don't see how anyone can NOT question BC's hiring skills.

Shelton?  Absolutely unimpressive.  I don't care if he's an OJT.  He might be "a player's manager."  Well, we don't HAVE any players, so it doesn't matter.  I know that only an eager OJT would take the job, but still, this guy isn't it.

That pitching coach is in way over his skis.  The results show it.

We have to do better, and that means the front office as much as everywhere else.
I'm kinda agree don't know about the pitching coach but the manager is really looking suspect doesn't seem to inspire anyone.