Cervelli will catch no more . . .

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

454C44555B210 wrote: Sprained knees, sprained right wrist, fractured right wrist, left foot discomfort, broken hamate, hamstring sprain (twice), right foot discomfort.  "Cluster headaches", sinus trouble ( missed 3 games lol),  6 "concussions", right forearm contusion. 

That's just what I could find in 10 minutes.  He's wants it alright.  I think the only part that he's never missed time for is his mouth, which he uses to tell everyone how enthusiastic he is.
You just cited the many, many injuries that keep him off the field. There's no doubt he's injury prone. It's very frustrating. I just don't understand why you mock me for noting he's enthusiastic when you accurately point out the numerous injuries that prevented him from playing. You seem very knowledgeable about his injuries. Yet you insist the injuries are proof of lack of enthusiasm or desire. You seem to have an attitude toward him because he gets injured so much so you turn his history of injuries into an attack on his attitude. I don't see the connection between the two.
BenM

Post by BenM »

626B63727C060 wrote: Sprained knees, sprained right wrist, fractured right wrist, left foot discomfort, broken hamate, hamstring sprain (twice), right foot discomfort.  "Cluster headaches", sinus trouble ( missed 3 games lol),  6 "concussions", right forearm contusion. 

That's just what I could find in 10 minutes.  He's wants it alright.  I think the only part that he's never missed time for is his mouth, which he uses to tell everyone how enthusiastic he is.

I don't understand why you put concussion in quotes as if it is not a real injury.

I had one (car accident) and had nausea that made me want to vomit and sunlight, even with sunglasses, hurt. There is no amount of "want to" that could have changed that.

I can't imagine what it is like to have gone through that multiple times.
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Because cervi is a "hold me back, bro" kinda guy.  Play warriors usually are fan favorites.   

I like guys who break their nose, take the mound the next day and pitch 7 scoreless.

Guys like that don't need to talk, they walk.
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

434A42535D270 wrote: Because cervi is a "hold me back, bro" kinda guy.  Play warriors usually are fan favorites.   

I like guys who break their nose, take the mound the next day and pitch 7 scoreless.

Guys like that don't need to talk, they walk.

I am not the biggest Cervelli fan but I think it is a bit over the top to call him a play warrior. With concussion protocol's none of those restrictions are his choice. The league takes those seriously and he has to follow the protocols. He is oft injured but I really have never gotten the feeling that he drags it out. I think the days of guys pitching with a broken nose is almost entirely gone. If you want to argue that he is made of glass, I think that is a winning argument but I am not going to assert he is a play warrior with no other evidence other than he has been injured a lot. For the Pirates, and according to your post he has had 2 of his 4 years of playing the most baseball.
Osushawn

Post by Osushawn »

He just got released
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

This was the right move for the Pirates to make with Cervelli. While he may not attract any interest, if he can still catch, he could be a reserve catcher for a team down the stretch and a potential pinch-hit bat off the bench.

I often admired Cervelli's 'gritty' play, but I also grew tired of some of his antics behind the plate and while hitting in the box, wishing that he would just play the game.

Hoping that Cervelli's all too frequent concussions don't hurt his future quality of living.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I guess they released him because he had a deal in the works with the Braves
iabucco

Post by iabucco »

Good luck to him.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

073B3D3B20293F26480 wrote: He just got released

Cervelli Released

Braves Expected to Sign Cervelli
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

I wonder if Liriano and Melky will be released too (if they want to be).