PNC Park To Remain Name

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

PNC Park To Remain Name

Post by SammyKhalifa »

2B0E0D0D18330E060413610 wrote: I personally detest corporate names on stadiums, advertising on jerseys (soccer) etc. it would have been great if PNC had been named for Clemente, Wagner, or even Carnigie.

PNC is the best ballpark in baseball; but I prefer the names of Fenway, Wrigley, or Dodger and Yankee Stadium
Wrigley?
johnfluharty

PNC Park To Remain Name

Post by johnfluharty »

Named after the former owner William Wrigley Jr, who also founded the company.
rucker59@gmail.com

PNC Park To Remain Name

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Nutting Field

Nutting Park

Bob’s Stadium....

I like Bob’s Park, sounds really happy.
SammyKhalifa

PNC Park To Remain Name

Post by SammyKhalifa »

525750565E544D50594A4C41380 wrote: Named after the former owner William Wrigley Jr, who also founded the company.
Yep, I guess I don't have have a preference between a park that has advertising naming rights and a park that a rich guy named after himself(or family, etc).  Does one of those really feel better?

Eh, but Wrigley has always been that so it sounds normal and fine.  What's jarring to me is when a building has been around a while and suddenly gets named something else, though I guess if it's renamed in honor of someone I guess it's okay.  Ha, I'm contradicting myself here a lot. 

Anyhow, I prefer PNC to some new corporate name.  It sounds "right" to me after all these years like the other parks.
johnfluharty

PNC Park To Remain Name

Post by johnfluharty »

Yeah, like McKechnie being renamed Lecom (yuck).
SammyKhalifa

PNC Park To Remain Name

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Yeah when I'm King of Baseball, no name changing after a park's been around for 20 years.
maher.timothy20@gm

PNC Park To Remain Name

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

I was kind of hoping they'd change the name to Smoothie King Center.