Cherington says Pirates will spend when the time is right.

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

104650444B51414A475062454F434B4E0C41220 wrote: WOW JUST WOW > SHOW ME!!!!!!!!

I've got $4 in my pocket that says they never will.

Better be careful with $4 in your pocket. Nickles is just smart enough to get it from you! ;D ;D ;D
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

0E2F270E252D4A0 wrote: WOW JUST WOW > SHOW ME!!!!!!!!

Better be careful with $4 in your pocket.  Nickles is just smart enough to get it from you!   ;D ;D ;D

And probably make me pay him to take it.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

752335212E34242F223507202A262E2B6924470 wrote: WOW JUST WOW > SHOW ME!!!!!!!!

Better be careful with $4 in your pocket.  Nickles is just smart enough to get it from you!   ;D ;D ;D

Here is rare footage of Bob Nutting (in the top hat) with his routine treatment of the average Pirate fan.

DemDog

Post by DemDog »

That clip from Duck Soup is one of my most beloved comedy skits of all time. Thanks for posting Bobster.
2drfischer@gmail.c

4C616C7D7A6B7C3C3F0E0 wrote: WOW JUST WOW > SHOW ME!!!!!!!!

Here is rare footage of Bob Nutting (in the top hat) with his routine treatment of the average Pirate fan.

Nailed it!
dmetz

Post by dmetz »

Never understand why the media keeps asking this question to the GM and president. 

Ask Nutting.   Drive up the mountain, walk over the drawbridge, past the guard dogs, climb the stairs of his castle keep,  and ask him.

Ask him if he plans to push payroll into the top half of the league to make a run, when the time is right.    Don't use chicken$hit words like "increase". 

The GM doesn't control the spending.
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

Pirates will spend when the time is right. Can't believe Shedman hasn't jumped all over this. I see doc didn't waste any time. Neither did Javy
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

tomorrow is the perfect time.
WildwoodDave

Post by WildwoodDave »

The Gm doesn't control the spending- your right dmetz. Huntington was always getting ripped on the previous board I was on. Was referred to as DOOFUS. Yes, he made some knucklehead

moves. I very seldom ridiculed him or defended him. The one thing I did say was "it starts at the top and Neal was a puppet on a string"
2drfischer@gmail.c

79707869671D0 wrote: Never understand why the media keeps asking this question to the GM and president. 

Ask Nutting.   Drive up the mountain, walk over the drawbridge, past the guard dogs, climb the stairs of his castle keep,  and ask him.

Ask him if he plans to push payroll into the top half of the league to make a run, when the time is right.    Don't use chicken$hit words like "increase". 

The GM doesn't control the spending.   

We already know what he'll say.  It goes something like this:  "In our ongoing analyses of our current situation, and that of our future here in this market and within the framework of Major League Baseball as a whole, we've conducted, and will continue to construct, various scenarios that will lead us to make that determination based on the data we compile that will provide us with the information necessary so that when that time makes sense to us as an organization, and after careful study of that data, we'll continue to work to attain the conclusion that will achieve the best results for us as a franchise as it pertains to the overall immediate outlook of the other 14 teams in the National League at that time."