Sept 8 Vs the White Sox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Sept 8 Vs the White Sox

Post by Bobster21 »

Hayes such a nice swing. Maybe he should be the batting coach.
Bobster21

Sept 8 Vs the White Sox

Post by Bobster21 »

Some stats are absurd. They said Reynolds' sliding catch in CF had a 45% catch probability. He had sufficient speed to get to the ball, slid and caught it. So was it 55% chance he wouldn't run full speed? Was it 55% chance the ball would not stay in his glove once he caught it? I played OF for a few decades. I made countless sliding catches. I never thought about the probability of those catches. I either had the speed to get to the ball and catch it or I didn't. Any ball I caught I assumed I should have caught regardless of how far I had to run (100% catchable), and in those cases there was no excuse for not catching it. Any ball I couldn't catch despite full effort I assumed was not catchable (0%). I can see assigning a probability of catch on a ball an OFer leaps against or above a wall to catch. But simply running to the ball and catching it should be 100% catchable. Stats like this are meaningless.
Bobster21

Sept 8 Vs the White Sox

Post by Bobster21 »

More inadequate RF play by Polanco gives Sox an insurance run. He's hitting .146, is a lousy OFer and a poor base runner. Where's Aunt Edna when you need her?
Bobster21

Sept 8 Vs the White Sox

Post by Bobster21 »

Do Pirate pitchers lead MLB in walking batters who started with 0-2 counts? They have been doing this for years. Seems like once they need 1 more strike to finish a batter off they lose all confidence and won't throw a strike.
GreenWeenie

Sept 8 Vs the White Sox

Post by GreenWeenie »

Pitchers who throw three strikes to the same man at bat cost money.
SCBucco

Sept 8 Vs the White Sox

Post by SCBucco »

745954454253440407360 wrote: I have a feeling Neverauskas will be GOG.

It looked pretty good for a while.
fjk090852-7

Sept 8 Vs the White Sox

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Another walkoff win