Now I have to learn to pronounce Adeiny Hechavarria

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

dmetz

Post by dmetz »

47666E476C64030 wrote: More detail on this trade including the money exchanging hands.

Hechavarria Trade Details

Costs us no $ and a Longshot A ball pitcher. Good trade. Could swing a game as bad as our infield defense has been.
Quail

Post by Quail »

Man, I like this trade! Didn't give up much and getting a plus defender at SS and 2B is going to help our pitching staff. NH is continuing to impress me with these moves. Now if he could just talk a little sense into his field manager...
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

0D293D35305C0 wrote: Man, I like this trade! Didn't give up much and getting a plus defender at SS and 2B is going to help our pitching staff. NH is continuing to impress me with these moves. Now if he could just talk a little sense into his field manager...

we just need a Joe Blanton
BucAndEer

Post by BucAndEer »

I actually called for this trade the moment I saw Hech was DFA'd (Carolina Bucco can vouch for that). Seems like a pretty low-risk acquisition, since they're getting an elite glove man who addresses a specific need on this team for minimal salary. It doesn't work out, he's a FA at season's end so see ya. If it does work out, maybe you offer him a 1-year deal as a bridge to one of the Kevins (assuming Mercer walks in the offseason).
JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

I think this means one or two of either Newman, Kramer or Cole Tucker are PTBNL’s
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

76535050456E535B594E3C0 wrote: I think this means one or two of either Newman, Kramer or Cole Tucker are PTBNL’s

that is possible but it is also possible the Bucs didn't want to throw a rookie into a major role at this point.
Buccos1313

Post by Buccos1313 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqESu1- ... qESu1-VNZs

Some of those plays he made diving to his right were spectacular!
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

74435555594507050705360 wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqESu1-VNZs

Some of those plays he made diving to his right were spectacular!

Notice that his throws on those plays were on target to the 1Bman. None were to either side of the bag. Now to see if he can make the routine play all the time. Good pickup on the cheap.
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Hechavarria has arrived, and Bucs placed S Rod on the DL I figured that may happen. They can keep him on the DL and activate him in September when rosters expand. Even if they dfa him I doubt he would have been claimed, so they were stuck with his salary one way or the other. At the end of the season they can cut ties with him just like they will do with Mercer.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

07222121341F222A283F4D0 wrote: I think this means one or two of either Newman, Kramer or Cole Tucker are PTBNL’s

I had a feeling prior to this deal that one of the Kevin's was the PTBNL.