Game Thread 8/25 - Bucs @ ChiSox

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

597F7E697F6F1C0 wrote: when are the Bucs going to bring up a player like Eloy Jiminez?
As soon as they develop a quality starting pitcher like Jose Quintana to trade for such a prospect like the White Sox did.
skinnyhorse

Post by skinnyhorse »

WS pitcher has retired all 9 and thrown all of 34 pitches, it's officially a pattern. This has happened in most every game I watched. No discipline at the plate.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I can't see any problem coming back from a 4 run deficit. We might even get a base runner at some point.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

012726312737440 wrote: when are the Bucs going to bring up a player like Eloy Jiminez?

Doesn't it drive you crazy that other teams have these young players from the Caribbean who are already outstanding contributors, while the Pirates, with a facility in the Dominican for how many years now, that Nutting bragged on and on about, haven't had one player come out of that facility to the major league team?  This organization has been a disaster, run by numbskulls.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Brault out after 3 innings and 4 runs, 5 hits, 4 BBs and 1 HBP. 10 base runners in 3 innings. Let him sing. Let him bat. Don't let him pitch.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

I see Polanco has whiffed in his two at bats so far. Dang, I'll bet Cherington wishes he had struck while the iron was hot and made a deal for him on Sunday night.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I dunno. Maybe it's just me but I think a hit would be nice. But it's only the 7th inning.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Neverauskas is up in the BP. That's encouraging......(said no one ever.)
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

I've never watched a no-hitter. But if I see one against this Pirates team, it won't feel legit. Giolito is a mediocre pitcher facing a lineup that after 8 innings has 6 batters below the Mendoza line and one batter (.265) above .229. If Giolito gets the no-hitter there should be an asterisk ("Against the 2020 Pirate's AA/AAA team").
shedman

Post by shedman »

3A6C7A6E617B6B606D7A486F65696164266B080 wrote: I see Polanco has whiffed in his two at bats so far.  Dang, I'll bet Cherington wishes he had struck while the iron was hot and made a deal for him on Sunday night.
_______

Cherington??? strike while the iron was hot???

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha