Seven wins

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Seven wins

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I don't really believe WAR is representative of "wins," but does represent a unit of something where you can see how one player or position is more valuable than another. Honestly if they took the word "wins" out of the name I'd have less of an issue. There's of course also the issue of quantifying defense, but they're getting there. It wasn't that long ago that they decided that defense had no importance whatsoever.
Bobster21

Seven wins

Post by Bobster21 »

5A6864647042616865606F68090 wrote: I don't really believe WAR is representative of "wins," but does represent a unit of something where you can see how one player or position is more valuable than another.  Honestly if they took the word "wins" out of the name I'd have less of an issue.  There's of course also the issue of quantifying defense, but they're getting there.  It wasn't that long ago that they decided that defense had no importance whatsoever.
Exactly. Equating wins with WAR scores is unreliable. War values are good for numerically separating good, mediocre and bad players. But we do that anyway just by looking.
Tintin

Seven wins

Post by Tintin »

The seven games in August where we lost three games 1-0 and one 2-1 to me were the killer and the paradox of the season.

They were a run short all season. The pen broke down when we couldnt afford it. We couldn’t get the clutch hit when we needed it. We were close, but just not good enough this year.