Jacob Stallings

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Jacob Stallings

Post by Bobster21 »

656D6E594F6A4D422C0 wrote: Just read that Cervelli is hoping to begin a minor league rehab this week with the hope to join the team in Milwaukee next weekend. Somehow they have to retain Stallings, because it appears he works very well with the pitchers. I think he is very knowledgeable as to pitch selection, and in my opinion they should not expose him to a waiver claim if Cervelli returns.

I never would have said this during the off-season, but you’re right. Stallings has proven to be a very capable MLB backup. I’ve been saying for over a year that Diaz is our best catcher both offensively and defensively. I’m perfectly content going into 2020 with him as the starter, but every team needs a backup, and Stallings has been very good. Wouldn’t shock me if he winds up with a phantom injury, until Cervelli inevitably gets hurt again.
I was thinking the same thing. They won't want to carry 3 catchers but they won't waive Stallings either. They use their IL liberally to stash players so I think that's in Stalling's future.
TBird

Jacob Stallings

Post by TBird »

A friend of mine and myself were talking about Cervi and we both agreed that he might retire either before the season ends depending on how well his brain is doing or after the season. He has had way too many Concussions these past 2 seasons he needs to save his brain from any more of these hits to the head.

I think he's be a good coach he enjoys helping out not only the pitchers but the catchers as well and he is well liked by the team.