2. Bryan Reynolds (S) LF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Jose Osuna (R) RF

7. Adam Frazier (L) 2B

8. Elias Diaz (R) C

9. Dario Agrazal (R) P

Hope I don't jinx the Bucs. No game thread posted last night and you see what happened. But this game is significant for me. My personal streak of years going to Bucco games reaches 61 and I am doing it with my family from Seattle paying my way. For me, the biggest thrill will be watching my grandkids ages 8 & 5 run the bases after the game on Kids Day.
mouse

Pirates vs Reds - 8/25 - Game Thread

Post by mouse »

Have a great time, Possum.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

:poop:. Bucs in white today. That sucks for kids day.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

48696148636B0C0 wrote: :poop:. Bucs in white today.  That sucks for kids day. 

Im wrong. Bucs in black. I saw Bell warming up and there is no mistaking him girly throwing motion. He was in black
INbuc

Post by INbuc »

C B Buckner is having an awful game behind the plate.  His strike zone is minuscule but he has managed to call several pitches well off the plate strikes.  Agrazal is a nibbler and isnt benefitting from Buckner, and Bauer has thrown some great breaking pitches that look too sophisticated for Buckner to recognize.

This looks like a classic game of two teams and an umpire going through the motions.  This could look like a football score when it's over.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Agree about Buckner. But overall it was a great game. Well almost great until Crick almost blew it. But Nightmare came in and shut 'em down with only one HR against.

After Agrazal's top of the first I figured that this would be a real blow out by the Reds. But hey, the "Kid Bucs" sure did fight, fight, fight, and took the big lead and never quit as the Reds made a comeback.

Daugher and kids had fun and they got to run the bases after the game. That is something to watch. Must have been 20,000 or so kids.

I can go to my grave this winter (I hope not!!) knowing that I was with the Bucs through thick & thin right to the end. The streak is 61 and counting. That's an idea, I can just change my screen name to "Maris" for hitting 61! ;D
rucker59@gmail.com

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Possum - REALLY glad you got to a game. REALLY REALLY glad you got to go with your family.

It was a good weekend of baseball. It was especially satisfying to destroy the Reds. David Bell has caused me to take a serious dislike to his team.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

6562747C7265222E57707A767E7B3974787A170 wrote: Possum - REALLY glad you got to a game. REALLY REALLY glad you got to go with your family. 

It was a good weekend of baseball.  It was especially satisfying to destroy the Reds.  David Bell has caused me to take a serious dislike to his team. 

How did David Bell make it through the weekend without getting tossed?
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

1E38392E38285B0 wrote: Possum - REALLY glad you got to a game. REALLY REALLY glad you got to go with your family. 

It was a good weekend of baseball.  It was especially satisfying to destroy the Reds.  David Bell has caused me to take a serious dislike to his team. 

How did David Bell make it through the weekend without getting tossed?

He hid the salad tossing tongs!

JollyRoger

Post by JollyRoger »

1C3D351C373F580 wrote: Agree about Buckner.  But overall it was a great game.  Well almost great until Crick almost blew it.  But Nightmare came in and shut 'em down with only one HR against. 

After Agrazal's top of the first I figured that this would be a real blow out by the Reds.  But hey, the "Kid Bucs" sure did fight, fight, fight, and took the big lead and never quit as the Reds made a comeback.

Daugher and kids had fun and they got to run the bases after the game.  That is something to watch.  Must have been 20,000 or so kids. 

I can go to my grave this winter (I hope not!!) knowing that I was with the Bucs through thick & thin right to the end.  The streak is 61 and counting.  That's an idea, I can just change my screen name to "Maris" for hitting 61!   ;D

Forget Maris. Keep going to 73 and we can have Bonds back on the board