Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The Bucs have claimed righty Carson Fulmer off waivers from the Tigers. Heredia was designated for assignment.I just looked at his career stats, and other than when he attended Vanderbilt his minor and MLB stats are not very great. Possibly, the Pirates can find the key which made him a star in college. It would be great to acquire a waiver claim, which would end in the rotation, or bullpen.
Ecbucs

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by Ecbucs »

my understanding is that his velocity is down. He was picked 8th. I saw him make his first appearance in AA at Chattanooga in 2016. He was throwing hard then.

Although I looked up his pitches on Fangraphs and he is throwing about the same in the majors velocity wise. Highest fastball at 94 in 201993.6 to 93.2 in 2016, 17, 18.

This season it is 92.3, not that big a difference.
DemDog

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by DemDog »

Eh, seen one you've seen them all. Just another MSP that BC hopes can stick somewhere on the wall when he throws him out there.
2drfischer@gmail.c

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

Thank goodness BC's no longer sitting on his hands and looking out his window. Finally he's bringing players here to win a title. Never mind that none of them are wanted by any other team and are probably less talented than the current guys on the roster, otherwise they'd have already been on the team, instead of the current guys on the roster.

Remember, the important thing is for BC to spend Nutting's money. Getting winning players is secondary.
maher.timothy20@gm

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Seems like a sensible move that will likely lead to nothing.

We're desperate for pitching. Maybe we get stupid lucky and the kid figures things out in a new environment.

Probably won't, but what the hell.
SCBucco

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by SCBucco »

So we are collecting Vandy guys again. This guy and either Kumar or Leiter.

At first I was excited that we got Fulmer and then I frowned because it was the wrong one.
ChillinStation

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by ChillinStation »

Fulmer released by Pirates and picked up by Baltimore.

Man, he must of showed nothing . But yet Nevergetsanout is still on the team.

Was looking at some Vandy Kumur highlights today. The kid is huge .Didn`t realize his dad is former NFL bust Tracy Rocker.
SCBucco

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by SCBucco »

5D7677727277704D6A7F6A7771701E0 wrote: Fulmer released by Pirates and picked up by Baltimore.

Was looking at some Vandy Kumur highlights today. The kid is huge .Didn`t realize his dad is former NFL bust Tracy Rocker.

He's also alot smarter than his old man ... I mean Vandy compared to Auburn. Tracy Rocker was a hell of a high school player and did well at Auburn. Sucked once he left the Plains.
WildwoodDave

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by WildwoodDave »

0D1D1C2B3D3D315E0 wrote: Fulmer released by Pirates and picked up by Baltimore.

Detroit, Pittsburgh, Baltimore the kid has hit rock bottom

He's also alot smarter than his old man ... I mean Vandy compared to Auburn.  Tracy Rocker was a hell of a high school player and did well at Auburn.  Sucked once he left the Plains.

fjk090852-7

Bucs Claim Carson Fulmer

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Fulmer is back. Bucs made a waiver claim from Orioles.