JollyRoger

Pirates/Tribe on MLB tonight from PNC

Post by JollyRoger »

N/M
maher.timothy20@gm

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

Musgrove looked good.

I'd heard they were piping in crowd noise. What's the reason for that? Just for fun? Makes it less weird?
fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Kyle Crick struggled during his appearance in the eighth inning. I hope this was just a hiccup tonight, because it is a little concerning due to how he performed last season.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

5B57560D040D05080F100A3D0 wrote: Kyle Crick struggled during his appearance in the eighth inning. I hope this was just a hiccup tonight, because it is a little concerning due to how he performed last season.
Crick can't throw strikes. That's always been his problem. He takes over with a 3 run lead and immediately walks the 1st 2 batters he faces. He has tremendous movement on his pitches. Unfortunately he can't throw those pitches for strikes. Best case scenario is the new pitching coach gets him to eliminate some of that movement and keep his pitches in the strike zone. But he's been pitching professionally since 2011 and has always had control problems at every level so I doubt a new coach will suddenly turn him into an adequate pitcher. This wasn't a hiccup. This was Crick at his best. :(
BenM

Post by BenM »

I wonder if Trevor Williams ever made it to the rotunda.

(They interviewed him and he said he was going to watch the game from different sections, provided the (non-existent) ushers didn't stop him.)
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

3D313835227E24393D3F243829626010373D500 wrote: Musgrove looked good.

I'd heard they were piping in crowd noise. What's the reason for that? Just for fun? Makes it less weird?
It was commented on in another thread, but I put on the Yankees Mets game and was really perplexed by the cardboard cutouts of people in the seats. It reminded me of the background in "Pardon the Interruption"
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I wish I could put cardboard cutouts of MLB players in our dugout.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Been a while since I posted.

To date, I have been 'blah' regarding the return of baseball this year. Then, I watched last night's game. What I have known for 50+ years is now confirmed; I love baseball. And, more specifically, I love the Pirates, regardless of their obvious and depressing warts.

With respect to last night's game ...

PNC, like always, was beautiful. And, a great night for baseball.

No fans in the stands --- not unlike too many Pirate games that I have watched. The lack of fans didn't detract from the game at all.

I generally don't like in-game interviews, but last night, I feel that they added to the game.

Musgrove looked good, but I don't understand why they pulled him after 3 when he will soon be pitching the Pirates' opener.

Brault looked deadly against lefties and it was great to see Kuhl back on the mound.

With respect to Crick - dreadful, particularly when you consider that all of Cleveland's regulars were out of the game. The Never man showed a modicum of promise and perhaps Burdi's pitches will become more effective with more work.

Great to see the Bucs back on the field. Not expecting much from this year's edition of the Pirates, but hey, at least some of them on are the field and playing baseball.

That said, not sure how long it may last with the rapid spread of COVID, and measures that the league may take if several players on the same team contract COVID at the same time.