2. Bryan Reynolds (S) RF

3. Starling Marte (R) CF

4. Josh Bell (S) 1B

5. Colin Moran (L) 3B

6. Corey Dickerson (L) LF

7. Kevin Newman (R) SS

8. Elias Diaz (R) C

9. Dario Agrazal (R) P

Note: Williams is on the paternity list.
fjk090852-7

Pirates vs Brewers - 7/6 - Game Thread

Post by fjk090852-7 »

If have written this in previous posts, but I wish MLB would expand rosters to 27 or 28 players. Only 25 would be available to play on game day, but teams could deactivate certain players each game. Starting pitchers who are due to pitch the next day, or had pitched the day before would be deactive. This would give a team an extra relief pitcher, or a bench player. It was a little exciting seeing Musgrove come up with runners on in the tenth last night, but the odds of him coming through with a big hit aren’t very good.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Nice outing from Agrazal. Maybe he can teach Archer how to pitch 6 innings. Newman with 3 hits including a HR. Osuna with yet another pinch hit.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

Dickerson leaves with some sort of leg injury. He caught a routine fly ball and started favoring his right leg.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

Dickerson with a probable groin strain.
CarolinaBucco

Post by CarolinaBucco »

Moran with 4 hits. Amazing.

So is Moran actually good? His OPS is now over .800.

I can't really believe that our lineup is actually pretty good 1-8.

Considering what I was expecting back in spring training, I am almost speechless over this offense. Moran, Newman, Reynolds, Cabrera, etc... Just a lot of really great surprises.
SammyKhalifa

Post by SammyKhalifa »

So I had the choice to go today or yesterday. I went yesterday.

Oh well.
SteadyFreddy

Post by SteadyFreddy »

Another important 2 game swing game in the standings for the Pirates today. I feel pretty good with the pitching matchup today with Musgrove going against Anderson. Big difference between going into the break 1 game under .500 and possibly 2 and 2.5 games out of both the division and wildcard as opposed to 3 games under .500 and falling 4 games back. It’s time to win a series against the Brewers this season today is the day it happens.