In game attendance

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

In game attendance

Post by Surgnbuck »

I just saw PA is loosening restrictions on event attendance. 20% of capacity for outdoor venues, 15% for indoor venues. Social distancing has to be able to be maintained.

I'm really hoping I'm in the mix for opening day. The Pirates haven't put single game seats on sale as of yet, so I'm fairly hopeful that by my estimation, I can be part of the 7600 or so people. IDK if that also counts workers. PNC has a listed capacity of 38,362 on the Pirates web site.

No one but the Pirates know what the season ticket numbers are. There are numerous packages, all coming with Opening Day as part of the package, with the exception of the 10 game flex plans. My guesstimation from being a STH during good and bad years is there are at least 13K plus plans purchased every year.

If I get to go, I'm thinking of making a sign for you to look for, saying, "You wish you were here"
WildwoodDave2

In game attendance

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

44626570797562747C170 wrote: I just saw PA is loosening restrictions on event attendance. 20% of capacity for outdoor venues, 15% for indoor venues. Social distancing has to be able to be maintained.

I'm really hoping I'm in the mix for opening day. The Pirates haven't put single game seats on sale as of yet, so I'm fairly hopeful that by my estimation, I can be part of the 7600 or so people. IDK if that also counts workers. PNC has a listed capacity of 38,362 on the Pirates web site.

No one but the Pirates know what the season ticket numbers are. There are numerous packages, all coming with Opening Day as part of the package, with the exception of the 10 game flex plans. My guesstimation from being a STH during good and bad years is there are at least 13K plus plans purchased every year.

If I get to go, I'm thinking of making a sign for you to look for, saying, "You wish you were here"
In Jersey they count the employees in with the capacity
BellevueBuc

In game attendance

Post by BellevueBuc »

I would think it would be easier to pick up tickets on the secondary market than directly from the Pirates. Seems unlikely that Opening day tickets would be passed on by a STH. Even if they were not personally going, would be worth giving/selling rather than passing completely.
Surgnbuck

In game attendance

Post by Surgnbuck »

Travis Williams said 7500-8000 fans will be able to attend, they are still working out the details. The Pirates said via e-mail they will be letting us know in a week or so how things are going to work. Williams also said they are only going to concern the first 12 games, which go through May 2.

Reading more from Williams, it's great to hear even more improvements that have come from the fans suggestions as far as the in park experience. Going to games is just going to keep getting better.

Will be much better when it's all opened up but for now I'll take it, as I'm fairly confident my seats will be included. Only 34 more days before the home opener!

skinnyhorse

In game attendance

Post by skinnyhorse »

This is insane, baseball is mostly played outside there is no safer place to be and yet these governors want to tell you it's not safe to attend a baseball game. Just stupid, stupid, stupid!!!!!
MaineBucs

In game attendance

Post by MaineBucs »

Folks.

The virus is not done with us yet, and may not be for a longer period of time if we do not hunker down for a bit longer.

Being inside a stadium or ballpark sitting next to folks who are screaming, high-fiving and such (although I will acknowledge that at PNC this year it is more likely moaning and sitting idly by as the game unfolds) is not exactly 'safe'.

In looking at the crowds allowed into stadiums to watch several of this year's college football games that I saw, there was no distancing between folks, few wore masks, and many regularly joined their friends and other fans in celebrating play on the field. This is not safe behavior.

527,000 is more than just a number. Each is an individual life that was tragically lost to a raging disease.

I feel fortunate that I have escaped being pillaged by covid and that I recently just received my second shot. I hope that all soon get vacinated so it actually will be safe to attend ballgames and interact with one another again, perhaps even without wearing masks.

Our daughter, who contracted Covid at the elementary school she teaches at, is thankfully bouncing back from Covid. Fortunately, the only current lingering effect is her lose of taste.

So --- on my end, Governors, public health officials, and individuals who have tried to keep all of us safe by imposing reasonable restrictions on life as we knew it, are actually champions, even though many loath their policies.

DemDog

In game attendance

Post by DemDog »

113D3532391E293F2F5C0 wrote: Folks. 

The virus is not done with us yet, and may not be for a longer period of time if we do not hunker down for a bit longer.

Being inside a stadium or ballpark sitting next to folks who are screaming, high-fiving and such (although I will acknowledge that at PNC this year it is more likely moaning and sitting idly by as the game unfolds) is not exactly 'safe'.

In looking at the crowds allowed into stadiums to watch several of this year's college football games that I saw, there was no distancing between folks, few wore masks, and many regularly joined their friends and other fans in celebrating play on the field.   This is not safe behavior. 

527,000 is more than just a number.  Each is an individual life that was tragically lost to a raging disease.

I feel fortunate that I have escaped being pillaged by covid and that I recently just received my second shot.  I hope that all soon get vaccinated so it actually will be safe to attend ballgames and interact with one another again, perhaps even without wearing masks.

Our daughter, who contracted Covid at the elementary school she teaches at, is thankfully bouncing back from Covid.  Fortunately, the only current lingering effect is her loss of taste.

So --- on my end, Governors, public health officials, and individuals who have tried to keep all of us safe by imposing reasonable restrictions on life as we knew it are actually champions, even though many loath their policies.   

Well said, Mainer. People just don't realize how deadly this virus is and how quickly it can spread. Mrs. Possum and I, both over 65 and me with COPD have gotten our first dose of the Moderna vaccine. Even after this second dose, we will not go out of the house without our masks as well as practicing safe distancing.

The last year is driving me crazy, not being able to visit my daughter and her family in Chicago. No way do we go there without them being vaccinated.

As far as the politicians setting limits on crowds, wearing masks, social distancing, that is all well and good but as you have said the owners of the places where we gather sure as hell had better enforce the rule set down for gatherings, be they outdoor or indoor.

You could give me tix for Mrs. Possum & me to the #1 top suite at PNC Park and we would turn it down. Too much of a chance to get COVID, vaccinated and all. I know we all want life to get back to normal but no way should we rush it for the sake of owner's and player's making a buck.
rucker59@gmail.com

In game attendance

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

1E3F371E353D5A0 wrote: Folks. 

In looking at the crowds allowed into stadiums to watch several of this year's college football games that I saw, there was no distancing between folks, few wore masks, and many regularly joined their friends and other fans in celebrating play on the field.   This is not safe behavior. 

527,000 is more than just a number.  Each is an individual life that was tragically lost to a raging disease.

I feel fortunate that I have escaped being pillaged by covid and that I recently just received my second shot.  I hope that all soon get vaccinated so it actually will be safe to attend ballgames and interact with one another again, perhaps even without wearing masks.

Our daughter, who contracted Covid at the elementary school she teaches at, is thankfully bouncing back from Covid.  Fortunately, the only current lingering effect is her loss of taste.

So --- on my end, Governors, public health officials, and individuals who have tried to keep all of us safe by imposing reasonable restrictions on life as we knew it are actually champions, even though many loath their policies.   

Well said, Mainer.  People just don't realize how deadly this virus is and how quickly it can spread.  Mrs. Possum and I, both over 65 and me with COPD have gotten our first dose of the Moderna vaccine.  Even after this second dose, we will not go out of the house without our masks as well as practicing safe distancing. 

The last year is driving me crazy, not being able to visit my daughter and her family in Chicago.  No way do we go there without them being vaccinated.

As far as the politicians setting limits on crowds, wearing masks, social distancing, that is all well and good but as you have said the owners of the places where we gather sure as hell had better enforce the rule set down for gatherings, be they outdoor or indoor. 

You could give me tix for Mrs. Possum & me to the #1 top suite at PNC Park and we would turn it down. Too much of a chance to get COVID, vaccinated and all.  I know we all want life to get back to normal but no way should we rush it for the sake of owner's and player's making a buck.

How it has come to pass that COVID became a political issue is one of the great mysteries of the ages. Right up there with what reallykilled the dinosaurs, how did people first get to Hawaii, and why do some people call a pizza a “pie”?

Tomorrow (Saturday) I will be attending a virtual funeral (via zoom) for a friend who died of COVID. Even more personal, my son contracted COVID last August and his life has been turned upside down including trips to the emergency room for heart problems; he has missed his junior year of college. I could go on (my church deals with a lot of people impacted from COVID), but let me just say as much as I miss going to Pens games and PNC and lots of other stuff, I truly believe our inconveniences or disappointments have saved many many lives.

We’re almost to the end of this nightmare, let’s finish the job and bury COVID.

My wife and I will soon have our second vaccine. We are looking forward to being at PNC this summer as much as possible. But here’s hoping we become “one people” again so that SOON everyone can soon be part of game we love and the life to be lived.
Surgnbuck

In game attendance

Post by Surgnbuck »

Just got tickets for Opening Day and April 15th.

Easy peasy, and the cool thing is, my seats are where my regular tickets are.

Here's to bringing home a couple of winners!
JollyRoger

In game attendance

Post by JollyRoger »

If the 7500-8000 is considered a sellout; the Bucs might set a season record for sellouts.