Charlie Morton

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

CarolinaBucco

Charlie Morton

Post by CarolinaBucco »

In his last 4 postseason starts over two seasons, Charlie Morton is 4-0 with a 0.90 ERA.

It's so much fun being a Pirates fan.

shedman

Charlie Morton

Post by shedman »

456774696A6F68674473656569060 wrote: In his last 4 postseason starts over two seasons, Charlie Morton is 4-0 with a 0.90 ERA.

It's so much fun being a Pirates fan.

_______

BOB $$$$$$$$$$$

ArnoldRothstein

Charlie Morton

Post by ArnoldRothstein »

6-2, 3.16 over 51 postseason innings in his career.
GreenWeenie

Charlie Morton

Post by GreenWeenie »

Not half bad!
CTBucco

Charlie Morton

Post by CTBucco »

I'm happy for the young man. Though I don't know him or his family, he's from the town I live in. By all local accounts, he is a terrific person as well as being a quality pitcher.
WildwoodDave

Charlie Morton

Post by WildwoodDave »

1D0A1C2B3D3D315E0 wrote: I'm happy for the young man.  Though I don't know him or his family, he's from the town I live in.  By all local accounts, he is a terrific person as well as being a quality pitcher. 
I remember on the other board we used to refer to him as Ground Chuck

Obviously that term does not apply anymore
Bobster21

Charlie Morton

Post by Bobster21 »

There were several times when watching the first inning or two I thought he had no-hit stuff. Morton had tremendous movement on his pitches. But then he'd lose control, walk batters, hit batters, give up a big inning and barely make it thru the 5th inning. He was very frustrating to watch.

He changed when he was with Houston. I think it was the Pirates failed "pitch to contact" philosophy. With Houston both Morton and Cole improved their strikeout ratio and reduced their hit ratio. You can't get a hit when you don't put the ball in play.