2-1
SammyKhalifa

9/19 vs Royals

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Royals with two dumb decisions stealing attempts of 3rd with 2 outs
SteadyFreddy

9/19 vs Royals

Post by SteadyFreddy »

If the Pirates win tonight they would be 6 games back of the Cardinals for the 2nd wildcard with 11 games left to play. The Cardinals only have 9 games remaining so the Pirates  have two  games in hand. The only and I mean only possible way this would even come close to getting remotely interesting is if the Pirates swept the Brewers this weekend and the Giants swept the Cards in St Louis. The Pirates would be 3 games back with 8 to play with 2 games in hand on the Cards which would actually be possible to still catch. Of course That’s also counting on the fact that teams ahead of the Pirates still by a game or so the DBacks and Phillies continue to lose as well as Colorado also.
maher.timothy20@gm

9/19 vs Royals

Post by maher.timothy20@gm »

1E39282C29340B3F282929344D0 wrote: If the Pirates win tonight they would be 6 games back of the Cardinals for the 2nd wildcard with 11 games left to play. The Cardinals only have 9 games remaining so the Pirates  have two  games in hand. The only and I mean only possible way this would even come close to getting remotely interesting is if the Pirates swept the Brewers this weekend and the Giants swept the Cards in St Louis. The Pirates would be 3 games back with 8 to play with 2 games in hand on the Cards which would actually be possible to still catch. Of course That’s also counting on the fact that teams ahead of the Pirates still by a game or so the DBacks and Phillies continue to lose as well as Colorado also.

And the Miracle Pirates of 2018 squeak into the playoffs on a last day win vs. Miami.

They make it to the NLCS vs the Dodgers and are eliminated on a walk off grand slam by David Freese.

Wait for it.
rucker59@gmail.com

9/19 vs Royals

Post by rucker59@gmail.com »

Encouraging start by Archer.

Through 7 innings: 1ER, on 6 hits, 8 SOs, no walks (I believe); 91 pitches.
SCBucco

9/19 vs Royals

Post by SCBucco »

2225333B3522656910373D31393C7E333F3D500 wrote: Encouraging start by Archer. 

I know its against the Royals, but it was encouraging.

Think Frazier's bat in the lineup full time next year helps a ton.

Trying to figure out why Kela hasn't pitched in like two weeks. I thought Hurdle wanted to rest him to finish strong. Seems like he is in witness protection.
Ecbucs

9/19 vs Royals

Post by Ecbucs »

11362723263B04302726263B420 wrote: If the Pirates win tonight they would be 6 games back of the Cardinals for the 2nd wildcard with 11 games left to play. The Cardinals only have 9 games remaining so the Pirates  have two  games in hand. The only and I mean only possible way this would even come close to getting remotely interesting is if the Pirates swept the Brewers this weekend and the Giants swept the Cards in St Louis. The Pirates would be 3 games back with 8 to play with 2 games in hand on the Cards which would actually be possible to still catch. Of course That’s also counting on the fact that teams ahead of the Pirates still by a game or so the DBacks and Phillies continue to lose as well as Colorado also.

There is a chance!
Ecbucs

9/19 vs Royals

Post by Ecbucs »

0C1C1D2A3C3C305F0 wrote: Encouraging start by Archer. 

Trying to figure out why Kela hasn't pitched in like two weeks.  I thought Hurdle wanted to rest him to finish strong.  Seems like he is in witness protection.

I thought Kela is shut down for rest of season as precaution.
SCBucco

9/19 vs Royals

Post by SCBucco »

1A3C3D2A3C2C5F0 wrote: Encouraging start by Archer. 

Trying to figure out why Kela hasn't pitched in like two weeks.  I thought Hurdle wanted to rest him to finish strong.  Seems like he is in witness protection.

I thought Kela is shut down for rest of season as precaution.

Don't know. I was under the impression Hurdle was giving him two weeks off in order for him to "finish the season strong". I could be very wrong though.