Keller Down and Rodriguez Back

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

Bucs sent Mitch Keller back to Indy, and recalled Rich Rodriguez.
SyrBucco

Post by SyrBucco »

I don't like it. Best thing to do would be to let Keller have another shot. We don't need to encourage a lack of confidence. Let's not have another Glasnow situation.

And if this has anything to do with money, I'll scream.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

6E444F7F485E5E523D0 wrote: I don't like it. Best thing to do would be to let Keller have another shot. We don't need to encourage a lack of confidence. Let's not have another Glasnow situation.

And if this has anything to do with money, I'll scream.
I don't think it's about money. Super 2 is about how much time he spends on the roster. I don't think there was any chance he would spend a lot of time on the roster this year. I think they wanted another warm body in the BP. I suspect Keller will be back for another start(s).
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Why not give him another start?

The Bucs were so petrified of using Kingham and Brault to start a game that they used Montana (prefer his first name) and Feliz to start games in which they were scheduled to take over.

Keller had a rough audition in the first inning, but he settled down a bit from there. At present, NONE of the Pirate starters can be counted upon to go even 5 innings, let alone 6. Our top starters, Musgrove, Archer and now even Lyles have struggled, and Kingham and Brault are even bigger question marks.

I know it's still fairly early, and that Keller was not really deemed ready, but sometimes things click and he could be a better starter than some of the other options. And, if he has a poor second outing, Indianapolis is not that far away.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

If Lyles is unable to make his next start, Keller could be back that soon.