Polanco Shoulder Surgery

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

mouse

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by mouse »

Reportedly going on now. No thought yet on how long recovery will take.
Ecbucs

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by Ecbucs »

also Kuhl update:

Meanwhile, the Bucs delivered some ominous news surrounding the health of right-hander Chad Kuhl, as well. Bill Brink of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweets that Kuhl’s scheduled bullpen session was preempted yesterday when he felt renewed forearm/elbow tightness while throwing from flat ground. He’s already been out since late June and is now seeking another opinion.
CTBucco

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by CTBucco »

163031263020530 wrote: also Kuhl update:

Meanwhile, the Bucs delivered some ominous news surrounding the health of right-hander Chad Kuhl, as well. Bill Brink of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette tweets that Kuhl’s scheduled bullpen session was preempted yesterday when he felt renewed forearm/elbow tightness while throwing from flat ground. He’s already been out since late June and is now seeking another opinion.
It always baffles me how so many guys put off the surgery in hopes that things will heal on their own only to eventually find out that they need the surgery and lose more of the following season to recovery.

That said, I get wanting to avoid surgery.
fjk090852-7

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by fjk090852-7 »

It is too bad that Kuhl did not get surgery in June. It appears he will now miss the entire 2019 season if he will reguire surgery. I was hoping he would fill the long man role in the bullpen next season.
DemDog

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by DemDog »

Polanco will miss 7-9 months after labrum repair reports PG today!

SHIT!
Bobster21

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by Bobster21 »

49686049626A0D0 wrote: Polanco will miss 7-9 months after labrum repair reports PG today!

SHIT!
Wow! 9 months would take him up to June. All the more reason to keep Dickerson. They could put Luplow in RF or Frazier in RF and Kramer at 2B.
fjk090852-7

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by fjk090852-7 »

5F727F6E69786F2F2C1D0 wrote: Polanco will miss 7-9 months after labrum repair reports PG today!

SHIT!
Wow! 9 months would take him up to June. All the more reason to keep Dickerson. They could put Luplow in RF or Frazier in RF and Kramer at 2B. 

[/quote

I think they should consider signing an outfielder such as John Jay who can play a few games a week.
MaineBucs

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by MaineBucs »

With Polanco's immediate future a known, Bucs need to start Luplow every game from now until the end of the year. Need to see how he responds to regular playing time.

Bucs generally know what Dickerson and Frazier can offer. Luplow still involves many questions. If Bucs replace anyone in the OF it should be Dickerson who is hitting with so little power.
INbuc

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by INbuc »

I really feel bad for Polanco. You could jump off a three-story building and not inflict as much damage on your body as he did with that one, clumsy slide. Surely a case where the punishment is exceeds the crime.
Bobster21

Polanco Shoulder Surgery

Post by Bobster21 »

7275594E583B0 wrote: I really feel bad for Polanco.  You could jump off a three-story building and not inflict as much damage on your body as he did with that one, clumsy slide.  Surely a case where the punishment is exceeds the crime.
Polanco so often looks clumsy and awkward in the OF. It finally caught up to him, poor guy. :(