Crick returns

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Crick returns

Post by Bobster21 »

Crick is back. Crowe was sent to the alternate training site.

Also, Difo will be added to the 40-man roster, presumably to fill in for Hayes. So someone will have to come off the 40 man roster.
Surgnbuck

Crick returns

Post by Surgnbuck »

If someone has to come off the 40 man, my first bet is on Fowler. After striking out without even so much as a foul tick in a PH today, and the base running mistake the other day, I think he's on a short leash. It's not like he wowed them in camp.

I was fine with him making the team, I liked having 4 actual OF's. But with Polanco taking up space, what does it really matter?

skinnyhorse

Crick returns

Post by skinnyhorse »

507671646D61766068030 wrote: If someone has to come off the 40 man, my first bet is on Fowler. After striking out without even so much as a foul tick in a PH today, and the base running mistake the other day, I think he's on  a short leash. It's not like he wowed them in camp.

I was fine with him making the team, I liked having 4 actual OF's. But with Polanco taking up space, what does it really matter?

From my observation this spring I am not very hopeful that Alford has no offense and good defense and speed. Fowler looks to be a better hitter than Alford but not great and a good outfielder. I personally thought B. Goodwin the last few at bats looked really good and he seems to be a good fielder with good speed. Alford looks to be a big liabilty on offense with a team with little offense in the first place. I don't see how they can keep him in the lineup, maybe he could have a fau injury and go down and see if he can find his stroke if he has one.
Bobster21

Crick returns

Post by Bobster21 »

Tyler Bashlor was DFA'd.
skinnyhorse

Crick returns

Post by skinnyhorse »

Not sure why they need Difo when you have Evans and Gonzales on infield.  I'd get Cruz working in the outfield for sure it's his best chance to make the majors as a Pirate.
Bobster21

Crick returns

Post by Bobster21 »

7B636166667160677A7B6D080 wrote: Not sure why they need Difo when you have Evans and Gonzales on infield.  I'd get Cruz working in the outfield for sure it's his best chance to make the majors as a Pirate.
Difo also plays OF.
skinnyhorse

Crick returns

Post by skinnyhorse »

684548595E4F58181B2A0 wrote: Not sure why they need Difo when you have Evans and Gonzales on infield.  I'd get Cruz working in the outfield for sure it's his best chance to make the majors as a Pirate.
Difo also plays OF.
I'm not a fan of Difo from what I've seen he's pretty worthless.  That's why they need to get Cruz more outfield work, I think he needs to be given a chance rather than a journeyman like Difo.  He is never going to be an answer to our problems. Cruz deserves a chance to prove himself more time in the minors isn't going to help him.
Bobster21

Crick returns

Post by Bobster21 »

3C242621213627203D3C2A4F0 wrote: Not sure why they need Difo when you have Evans and Gonzales on infield.  I'd get Cruz working in the outfield for sure it's his best chance to make the majors as a Pirate.
Difo also plays OF.
I'm not a fan of Difo from what I've seen he's pretty worthless.  That's why they need to get Cruz more outfield work, I think he needs to be given a chance rather than a journeyman like Difo.  He is never going to be an answer to our problems.  Cruz deserves a chance to prove himself more time in the minors isn't going to help him.

Cruz has never faced AAA pitching and has only 119 ABs in AA. He's not ready and should benefit from facing more AA and then AAA pitching before tackling MLB pitching. He was overmatched in spring training games.
fjk090852-7

Crick returns

Post by fjk090852-7 »

I think it might be time to add Frazier to the roster. I know it could not be done for today’s game because it sounded like the IL of Hayes happened prior to game time. Difo was on the taxi squad so he was at Chicago. If they don’t bring back Frazier I think a move that should be made is that Adam Frazier should go to left field, Reynolds should play centerfield, and Difo could play second base with Evans at third base. Our current centerfield players have a single hit between them. We need production from that position.