Will the Bucs Lose More Player Development People This Year

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

The last two off seasons the Bucs have lost Jeff Banister and Jim Benedict to other organizations. I wonder if the Bucs will lose another good player development person from their staff.
Quail

Post by Quail »

I have no real knowledge of the Pirates personnel in that area, but as a fan I'm wondering if the scout(s) who helped to sign Reese McGuire and Harold Ramirez and the instructors who spent time in their development might be upset enough at their wards being jettisoned in the Liriano salary dump that they'll be looking for alternate employment opportunities.
MaineBucs

Post by MaineBucs »

Unfortunately, I hear that the Pirates will not be making any coaching changes this off-season.

I was really hoping that someone would swope in and take Sofield off of our hands.

A lot of Pirate players underperformed this year, and Sofield was right there with them to help out.

Don't understand how someone who consistently makes errors in sending runners home from 3rd can continue to be the Third Base Coach.
SCBucco

Post by SCBucco »

1B373F383314233525560 wrote: Unfortunately, I hear that the Pirates will not be making any coaching changes this off-season. 

I was really hoping that someone would swope in and take Sofield off of our hands.

A lot of Pirate players underperformed this year, and Sofield was right there with them to help out.

Don't understand how someone who consistently makes errors in sending runners home from 3rd can continue to be the Third Base Coach.   

He is part of the financial flexibility thing. ;)
mouse

Post by mouse »

It may be too soon to tell whether someone is going to go off somewhere else yet. A lot of those decisions on who gets hired don't occur until after the World Series (managers may know they are in line to be hired, but they don't necessarily add their staff).