Polanco Broke COVID-19 Protocol

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

fjk090852-7

Post by fjk090852-7 »

According to Jason Mackey Polanco used an outside training service which is not in the Pirates Bubble. He is now back in Pittsburgh on the IL due to the Baseball COVID-19 Regulations.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

He tested positive for covid last year. So he shouldn't be able to get it now regardless of which training service he used. But I'm all for sidelining him as long as possible. And give him as long a rehab in AAA as possible.
shedman

Post by shedman »

634E43525544531310210 wrote: He tested positive for covid last year. So he shouldn't be able to get it now regardless of which training service he used. But I'm all for sidelining him as long as possible. And give him as long a rehab in AAA as possible.
_______

Yeah, instead of Polanco with his .200 average, 3 HR's and 4 SB, we are so much better off with Tom and his .125 average with 0 HR's and 0 SB or even better Hunter Owers with his .000 BA, 0 HR's and 0 SB.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

574C414049454A240 wrote: He tested positive for covid last year. So he shouldn't be able to get it now regardless of which training service he used. But I'm all for sidelining him as long as possible. And give him as long a rehab in AAA as possible.
_______

Yeah, instead of Polanco with his .200 average, 3 HR's and 4 SB, we are so much better off with Tom and his .125 average with 0 HR's and 0 SB or even better Hunter Owers with his .000 BA, 0 HR's and 0 SB.
We knw what they have in Polanco after 740 games and 2,627 ABs. And we've seen countless base running mistakes, fielding mistakes and an inability to throw. But you're right Shedman. In Owens 2 games and 3 ABs we can be certain he won't do any better. And Tom has played 7 games with 16 ABs so that's almost as much as Polanco. They should play the guy who's proven he's not any good because we can be sure the guys who have barely ever played will not do as well. ::)
2drfischer@gmail.c

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

515D5C070E070F02051A00370 wrote: According to Jason Mackey Polanco used an outside training service which is not in the Pirates Bubble. He is now back in Pittsburgh on the IL due to the Baseball COVID-19 Regulations.

I would think by now, all of the players have been instructed with regard to all of the COVID protocols. So not only can't Polanco be taught how to play baseball, it's apparently the same with living his everyday existence. If this isn't enough proof that he needs to be released as soon as contractually possible, I don't know what would be.
2drfischer@gmail.c

3A212C2D242827490 wrote: He tested positive for covid last year. So he shouldn't be able to get it now regardless of which training service he used. But I'm all for sidelining him as long as possible. And give him as long a rehab in AAA as possible.
_______

Yeah,[highlight] instead of Polanco with his .200 average, 3 HR's and 4 SB[/highlight], we are so much better off with Tom and his .125 average with 0 HR's and 0 SB or even better Hunter Owers with his .000 BA, 0 HR's and 0 SB.

HAHAHA! It's amazing what you now find as an acceptable performance. I thought you wanted the Pirates to win.
shedman

Post by shedman »

4F626F7E79687F3F3C0D0 wrote: He tested positive for covid last year. So he shouldn't be able to get it now regardless of which training service he used. But I'm all for sidelining him as long as possible. And give him as long a rehab in AAA as possible.
_______

We knw what they have in Polanco after 740 games and 2,627 ABs. And we've seen countless base running mistakes, fielding mistakes and an inability to throw. But you're right Shedman. In Owens 2 games and 3 ABs we can be certain he won't do any  better. And Tom has played 7 games with 16 ABs so that's almost as much as Polanco. They should play the guy who's proven he's not any good because we can be sure the guys who have barely ever played will not do as well.  ::)
________

And the can goes tumbling down the road.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

110A07060F030C620 wrote: He tested positive for covid last year. So he shouldn't be able to get it now regardless of which training service he used. But I'm all for sidelining him as long as possible. And give him as long a rehab in AAA as possible.
_______

We knw what they have in Polanco after 740 games and 2,627 ABs. And we've seen countless base running mistakes, fielding mistakes and an inability to throw. But you're right Shedman. In Owens 2 games and 3 ABs we can be certain he won't do any  better. And Tom has played 7 games with 16 ABs so that's almost as much as Polanco. They should play the guy who's proven he's not any good because we can be sure the guys who have barely ever played will not do as well.  ::)
________

Tom now has any many RBIs as Polanco and just 2 fewer HRs. :)

You want to continue with Polanco who has proven time and time again that he is a lousy ball player. That is the ultimate example of kicking the can down the road.
2drfischer@gmail.c

312A27262F232C420 wrote: He tested positive for covid last year. So he shouldn't be able to get it now regardless of which training service he used. But I'm all for sidelining him as long as possible. And give him as long a rehab in AAA as possible.
_______

________

Wouldn't continuing to play Polanco, with his less than LMG-type performance, be a textbook example of kicking the can down the road?
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

0B5D4B5F504A5A515C4B795E54585055175A390 wrote: He tested positive for covid last year. So he shouldn't be able to get it now regardless of which training service he used. But I'm all for sidelining him as long as possible. And give him as long a rehab in AAA as possible.
_______

________

Wouldn't continuing to play Polanco, with his less than LMG-type performance, be a textbook example of kicking the can down the road?

That's Shedman's mantra and he has to work it in whether it makes any sense or not. ;D