Morton to Ray's

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

pghpaulatl

Morton to Ray's

Post by pghpaulatl »

2 years $30M more than any Bucco is making!
MaineBucs

Morton to Ray's

Post by MaineBucs »

But, in the world of modern day contracts, 2 years for $30 mil and an option for a 3rd year with a $1 mil buy-out is a reasonable amount for the value that Morton has delivered over the last several years.

I know it was an aberrant thought, but I was really hoping that the Bucs would add either Happ or Morton since they have jettisoned so much salary since September of last year; S-Rod, J Hay, Mercer and now Nova.

Aagh, what the hey, bring on Lyles.
JollyRoger

Morton to Ray's

Post by JollyRoger »

Sadly, we can’t even keep up with the Rays. NH has to be insane to have turned down a lucrative offer to head up the Giants. Why would anyone with any smarts and options work for Nutting?
PMike

Morton to Ray's

Post by PMike »

This one seems pretty damning. I'm sure it isn't as linear as this, but the optics can be reduced to this ugly equation:

Pirates have:

Archer and and extra $15 million to spend (or not)

TB has:

Meadows, Glasnow, Baz, and Morton

The Pirates could have kept Meadows, Glasnow, and Baz and spent that $30 million and had Morton too. They would have been out Archer but kept everything else. I like Archer a whole lot and think he will be a big piece this year. But Morton was fantastic this year and we gave up a ton for Archer.
notes34

Morton to Ray's

Post by notes34 »

It certainly looks much worse with the Polanco injury as it would be great to plug Meadows in there everyday.