The card game

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

The card game

Post by Surgnbuck »

It's so prevalent and obvious, every single player on every single team looking at cards. When they're in the field, just before their AB's, etc.

Does anyone have any idea when this became so obvious? I don't really recall it prior to this season.

It's just odd. How did they manage to figure out where to go before they used cards?
2drfischer@gmail.c

The card game

Post by 2drfischer@gmail.c »

All of the thinking is being done by an army of analysts before the game. No one's out there using his wits anymore, adjusting to each game's twists and turns. It's like a video game.

This reminds me of professional golf today with all of the yardage books and now the putting books.
WildwoodDave2

The card game

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

2B7D6B7F706A7A717C6B597E74787075377A190 wrote: All of the thinking is being done by an army of analysts before the game.  No one's out there using his wits anymore, adjusting to each game's twists and turns.  It's like a video game.

This reminds me of professional golf today with all of the yardage books and now the putting books. 
Does Shedman use his putting Book?
Surgnbuck

The card game

Post by Surgnbuck »

396F796D627868636E794B6C666A626725680B0 wrote: All of the thinking is being done by an army of analysts before the game.  No one's out there using his wits anymore, adjusting to each game's twists and turns.  It's like a video game.

This year they're allowed to use those range finders.
Ecbucs

The card game

Post by Ecbucs »

5E787F6A636F786E660D0 wrote: It's so prevalent and obvious, every single player on every single team looking at cards. When they're in the field, just before their AB's, etc.

Does anyone have any idea when this became so obvious? I don't really recall it prior to this season.

It's just odd. How did they manage to figure out where to go before they used cards?

oh, I thought they were playing Pokemon. Thanks for the explanation.
Bobster21

The card game

Post by Bobster21 »

7B5D5C4B5D4D3E0 wrote: It's so prevalent and obvious, every single player on every single team looking at cards. When they're in the field, just before their AB's, etc.

oh, I thought they were playing Pokemon.  Thanks for the explanation.
I don't have a problem with it. In the OF you're constantly repositioning yourself for every hitter based on his tendencies and how the pitcher will pitch him. And if you're not in the best spot, a coach will yell from the dugout or sometimes another player on the field will motion you to move. I guess the card just tells you where to position yourself for each batter but it's no different than someone yelling from the dugout.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The card game

7F41444C5F47474C6C495E4D1A280 wrote: All of the thinking is being done by an army of analysts before the game.  No one's out there using his wits anymore, adjusting to each game's twists and turns.  It's like a video game.

He doesn't need one. He just stops counting after his second putt.
2drfischer@gmail.c

The card game

5E787F6A636F786E660D0 wrote: All of the thinking is being done by an army of analysts before the game.  No one's out there using his wits anymore, adjusting to each game's twists and turns.  It's like a video game.

This year they're allowed to use those range finders.

I think that was just for the PGA Tournament. The USGA does not allow them.
WildwoodDave2

The card game

Post by WildwoodDave2 »

366076626D77676C6176446369656D682A67040 wrote: All of the thinking is being done by an army of analysts before the game.  No one's out there using his wits anymore, adjusting to each game's twists and turns.  It's like a video game.

He doesn't need one.  He just stops counting after his second putt.

That's what I thought
shedman

The card game

Post by shedman »

734D4840534B4B406045524116240 wrote: All of the thinking is being done by an army of analysts before the game.  No one's out there using his wits anymore, adjusting to each game's twists and turns.  It's like a video game.

He doesn't need one.  He just stops counting after his second putt.

That's what I thought
______

Doc thinks it is cheating to use a range finder, but he asks me for the yardage to the pin on every other hole???