Re: Poppen To Tampa

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

The Pirates didn't use him much but keeping Poppen fresh didn't help him pitch any better.
Ecbucs

Post by Ecbucs »

15564F544752435515260 wrote: Pirates trade[highlight]future 15 game winner[/highlight] Poppen to Tampa for cash considerations.

https://twitter.com/RaysPR/status/1394725144652832770

just a joke, I don't think it will really happen.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I wonder what kind of cash we're considering for this Cy Young Award-winner-in-the-making. I've never understood that phrase. Seems to me that both sides would agree on that before they make the deal.
Bobster21

Post by Bobster21 »

477265656E5765656E6965000 wrote: I wonder what kind of cash we're considering for this Cy Young Award-winner-in-the-making.  I've never understood that phrase.  Seems to me that both sides would agree on that before they make the deal.
Years ago they would just say a player was sold to another team. But that sounds bad so now they say he was "traded for cash considerations." "Considerations" is a fancy way of saying "We won't say how much money was involved." Before salaries went thru the roof it might seem like a player was worth a fair amount of money to another team. But I think the amounts paid for players these days is so small compared to salaries that it would sound insulting if they told us.
GreenWeenie

Post by GreenWeenie »

I think you're right. And, if guys like Poppen beat the odds and do well, we'd have fans like Possum out there criticizing Cherington for dumping him just so BOB can make some more money!

Disclaimer: The second sentence is fiction. I figure that if Possum can make up things that he thinks I would say, that I am able to have a go at some fiction writing. ;) Just a little good natured ribbing.
DemDog

Post by DemDog »

1124333338013333383F33560 wrote: I think you're right.  And, if guys like Poppen beat the odds and do well, we'd have fans like Possum out there criticizing Cherington for dumping him just so BOB can make some more money!

Disclaimer:  The second sentence is fiction.  I figure that if Possum can make up things that he thinks I would say, that I am able to have a go at some fiction writing.  ;)  Just a little good-natured ribbing.

You see GW OBN is not a total democracy. One thing you must not do is bash the Admins, especially when you put a disclaimer in there. Rather than put up with your crappy trolling I have the power to give a little vacation from OBN. So you are getting a vacation from posting until for the next 2 games. You keep up your trolling after that you can be given a permanent vacation.