Nova

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

SammyKhalifa

Nova

Post by SammyKhalifa »

I don't know that I buy the convenience of it, but they're saying he got the injury back in April? The long weekend kind of took me away from a good internet connection so I'm sorry if this is discussed already. I'm happy if there's something actually physical with him that can be fixed.

Pirates manager Clint Hurdle revealed over the weekend that Nova reported discomfort after his most recent start on Thursday. He originally suffered the injury while fielding a ground ball back on April 25, but the issue has lingered. The Pirates hope some rest will do the trick. Nick Kingham will be called up to start Tuesday against the Cubs.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Nova

Post by dogknot17@yahoo.co »

Greg Brown said it was his finger right away. Kingham did start a game and was pulled after one inning. Why even start Kingham if Nova was going on the disabled list with a fake injury?

I don't know how significant the injury. I was trying to see if his hand/finger were taped up last night, but I couldn't tell. I do believe there is some kind of discomfort/injury.
SammyKhalifa

Nova

Post by SammyKhalifa »

Maybe, but then he pitched with it (terribly) for a month.
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Nova

073539392D1F3C35383D3235540 wrote: Maybe, but then he pitched with it (terribly) for a month. 

Making it worse???
SammyKhalifa

Nova

Post by SammyKhalifa »

It sounds weird saying it this way, but I hope so
Bobster21

Nova

Post by Bobster21 »

It sounds like the team was aware of the finger injury and didn't think it was cause for alarm. So Nova continued to pitch. But he pitched terribly. Letting him continue to pitch this poorly was not an option with Kingham in the wings. So now Nova gets some time off, probably a rehab start, and they'll see whether or not it was the finger holding him back.
DemDog

Nova

Post by DemDog »

As for Nova, put him in the pen for awhile. I think that there are enough young guys in Indy who could do at least as well as he has and maybe better. We need to see them and give them some shots at sticking in MLB. What happens next year if Keller is ready for MLB? Do we keep Nova at the least in the rotation?
SammyKhalifa

Nova

Post by SammyKhalifa »

062B26373021367675440 wrote: It sounds like the team was aware of the finger injury and didn't think it was cause for alarm. So Nova continued to pitch. But he pitched terribly. Letting him continue to pitch this poorly was not an option with Kingham in the wings. So now Nova gets some time off, probably a rehab start, and they'll see whether or not it was the finger holding him back.   

Yeah, it's just that off the surface the original DL announcement sounded to me like the typical phantom injury. Maybe he'll get more than one rehab start. If he turns good again he's a better option for the rotation than the BP
dogknot17@yahoo.co

Nova

0A3834342012313835303F38590 wrote: It sounds like the team was aware of the finger injury and didn't think it was cause for alarm. So Nova continued to pitch. But he pitched terribly. Letting him continue to pitch this poorly was not an option with Kingham in the wings. So now Nova gets some time off, probably a rehab start, and they'll see whether or not it was the finger holding him back.   

Yeah, it's just that off the surface the original DL announcement sounded to me like the typical phantom injury.  Maybe he'll get more than one rehab start.  If he turns good again he's a better option for the rotation than the BP

I was expecting a phantom injury, but right away the finger was brought up. Then Kingham made a start and was lifted early at Indy. It might not be a big injury, but I believe it is something.
BucsFaninGA

Nova

Post by BucsFaninGA »

I think Nova's time as a Bucco may be close to ending. Kingham is a much better option in the rotation than Ivan in my opinion.

Beat'em Bucs