Davey Jones Locker

general

Moderators: SammyKhalifa, Doc, Bobster

Surgnbuck

Davey Jones Locker

Post by Surgnbuck »

The thread for "The Departed" is sometimes used for folks that have moved beyond the realm of the living, instead of being an update on former Pirates players and how they're doing with wherever they are playing at the moment, whether MLB, MiLB, Korea, Japan, Aussie, Mexico, Indy, etc.

So thought I would start this so we can remember those connected to baseball, or if you want to throw anyone of mention in here, go ahead. In a very Pirate way, I might say.

I don't have any deaths to report. However, an old friend I haven't seen in a while came up to me and said, "Hey man, I'm sorry, I just heard your dad died today." To which I told him, "Well it's about time, we buried him 20 years ago."
Babe Adams

Re: Davey Jones Locker

Post by Babe Adams »

I've been following MLB deaths pretty closely since the virus struck in 2020. It's been a fairly benign year so far, even given the deaths of Mays and Cepeda in June:

https://www.baseball-reference.com/leag ... aths.shtml

McBean, DeLeon, Ott, Demery are probably the most prominent ex-Pirates on this year's list.
3pirates3

Post by 3pirates3 »

Sorry for mixing the other thread up.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

3pirates3 wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 9:58 pm Sorry for mixing the other thread up.
No apologies necessary. I think a number of us have posted in there about someone passing. I thought that was the intent of the thread when I first started posting here.

The more prominent deaths, someone ususally starts a thread anyhow about the person. That's when you know you're a true HOF caliber person in whatever craft you're in, you get your own thread in OnlyBucs Fan Forum!!! :) :) :)
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Ed Kranepool one of the best baseball names. He's of that era when I practically knew ever single player on ever single team.
Surgnbuck

Post by Surgnbuck »

Thanks for posting 3.

He's been an icon the entire time I have been alive.
Babe Adams

Post by Babe Adams »

Joe Schmidt, 92, passed yesterday. Native Pittsburgher, All American linebacker for Pitt, perennial All Pro for the Lions. Coached some good Lions teams c. 1970. Inducted to the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1973.

https://www.nfl.com/news/lions-legend-h ... dies-at-92